Joining the Navy program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naturelover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Recently I decided to join the Navy through a medical program. But the issues arise when I have to do Security Clearance. I have to basically list all my life history there. Over the course of time, I have three jobs. Two of them are part-time. One is pizza delivery in which I couldn't get the manager's info because he moved. The other one - a long term care pharmacy- I quited not on good term.

Do you guys think I should list all of them or just list the only one I feel positive about?

What is the chance of them finding out I had these two jobs?

Thanks,

Have a happy holiday guys,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Recently I decided to join the Navy through a medical program. But the issues arise when I have to do Security Clearance. I have to basically list all my life history there. Over the course of time, I have three jobs. Two of them are part-time. One is pizza delivery in which I couldn't get the manager's info because he moved. The other one - a long term care pharmacy- I quited not on good term.

Do you guys think I should list all of them or just list the only one I feel positive about?

What is the chance of them finding out I had these two jobs?

Thanks,

Have a happy holiday guys,

List all of them and give as much information as you can find. When I filled it out I didn't have everything, like contact information for old bosses. Even if you left on bad terms you should put it on there. The JPAS or whatever it is, is like a temporary security clearance from what I was told. Later on you'll get screened again for a real security clearance. I may be wrong though

Don't they always perform extensive background & security clearances for vital government forces such as the Navy, army etc?

I don't have any experience in that area but I would recommend listing everything. Because either way, I strongly believe they'll still go ahead & run extensive checks on you, with or without your knowledge. Obviously for fear of recruiting terrorists unknowingly or something else of such nature.

If they really need your services, your negative past(s) shouldn't be an obstruction. Although that would depend on what exactly you did wrong, and how much it relates to what you will be doing for them.

But yea, I think the chances of them finding out on their own is pretty high. This is the federal govt we're talking about; the Navy.

Last edited: