Journal Publishing processing fee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted815127

I am a third year medical student. Recently, I got an email about publishing my article at a journal. I had an article I thought would be a good fit, so I sent in my article. Our communication was via email and things were going fine, in fact my article was accepted.

I was talking to my adviser yesterday who mentioned that sometimes journals require fees for processing and publishing. I asked them this for the first time, via email and they directed to me a website that says I owe 3,019 dollars.

I explained to them, not to publish my article and I cannot pay as I am solely on FAFSA I cannot afford this or any payment.

What are my options?

Members don't see this ad.

This is a phishing journal. Do not pay.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it published? Did they disclose fees? I doubt they will try. Just ignore them and their emails.

Is it published? Did they disclose fees? I doubt they will try. Just ignore them and their emails.

Not published, they told me it was accepted. No, they did not disclose fees in our email communication, it is on their website. However, as I mentioned before, we were communicating via email only so far.

Anyway, I will ignore them.

Recently, I got an email about publishing my article at a journal.
Red-Flag.jpg

Respectable, legitimate journals don't contact you. You contact them. Then your paper gets peer-reviewed and sent back to you for revision. Only then is your revised paper accepted for publication.

I asked them this for the first time, via email and they directed to me a website that says I owe 3,019 dollars.
There are a couple ways to solve this. You could get a cash advance on your credit card, use it to buy a money order, and send that to them. Alternatively, cut the tag off a mattress, draw an obscene symbol on the back, and mail that to them inside a birthday card in which you've written, "Bite me."

Anyway, I will ignore them.
I strongly advise you not to do this. You could have so much more fun with the mattress tag option!

Reactions: 1 users
View attachment 227531
There are a couple ways to solve this. You could get a cash advance on your credit card, use it to buy a money order, and send that to them. Alternatively, cut the tag off a mattress, draw an obscene symbol on the back, and mail that to them inside a birthday card in which you've written, "Bite me."

I strongly advise you not to do this. You could have so much more fun with the mattress tag option!
Gawd, this guy kills me!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
Just resubmit to JAOA they are free publishing

Reactions: 1 users