July 17 Part 1............Your experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Solid Snake DDS

Student DDS
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just took the exam today.

Overall it wasnt too bad. There were maybe only a few repeats (less than 5-7 for each sections). I finished Anatomical Science in 1 hour and Biochemistry section in 45 minutes. Took an early lunch break.

Micro/Path was the easiest section. There were a few that I was clueless about....I made some dumb mistakes as well. I finish that section in 40 minutes. Basically, if you know it or not...It's pointless to sit there and ponder.....

The semi-difficult section was Dental anatomy. There were many questions that I was clueless about.

Hopefully the other three parts will pull up my DA/Occ avg.

What I used:
Dental Decks, release exams, unrelease exams, remember questions, Kaplan book.

Hopefully I cracked a 90....if not....I guess I will be taking it again......hehehehheheh.............when hell freezes over. :laugh:
Not looking at this stuff again....unless I completely failed the exam.

Cheers,
 
Snake,

I already posted on the other thread, but here is how I felt about today.

I finished anatomy in about 45 minutes, but biochem took me longer. I try to grind trying to find the answer in my head. I felt really good about the anatomy section, and just okay about the biochem/phys.

Micro path wasn't my easiest section, but it wasn't bad at all. Dental anatomy seemed to be harder than I expected it should be as well.

My thoughts on hardest to easiest: Biochem/ Phys, Micro/Path, Dental Anatomy, then Anatomy.

I studied Decks, old exams, and the USMLE for reference along with Netter's

Good luck to all with your results