July 27 PCAT score thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harmonidrum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
t-minus 1.5 hours and counting!!:xf: post scores here

Members don't see this ad.

I finished my PCAT today, and this is my preliminary score
Verbal 32
Biology 84
Reading 31
Quantitative Ability 95
Chemistry 99
Composite 86
I am asian, so English is my biggest weakness.
Biology seems a lot of harder than my practice tests. Chemistry and Math are easy this time though

Members don't see this ad :)
I finished my PCAT today, and this is my preliminary score
Verbal 32
Biology 84
Reading 31
Quantitative Ability 95
Chemistry 99
Composite 86
I am asian, so English is my biggest weakness.
Biology seems a lot of harder than my practice tests. Chemistry and Math are easy this time though

Which practice test did you use? For Bio math and chem what did you study? Your test scores look great

Kaplan + Dr. Collins + 3 Pearson practice tests ($80)

Awsome I'm doing the same. I'm doing dr collins and reading Bio from Kaplan 20 min a day. The information in Kaplan for Bio is overwhelming did it help you on the exam more than dr collins? I havn't looked at math yet, was collins really helpful to you in that subject? sorry for all the questions I'm really nervous for the test I have ONE shot in september to do well so I'm trying to over prepare lol

Just took the pcat and got

SS/PR

406/58 verbal expected lol
440/94 biology expected
392/32 RC unexpected
410/59 Quant unexpected
438/90 chem expected

76 composite overall

Should I retake the exam?

I thought i would do better in math and that would have been a much better composite score but the math was hard I guess...What do you guys think? will i need to retake or am i just competitive enough.

Awsome I'm doing the same. I'm doing dr collins and reading Bio from Kaplan 20 min a day. The information in Kaplan for Bio is overwhelming did it help you on the exam more than dr collins? I havn't looked at math yet, was collins really helpful to you in that subject? sorry for all the questions I'm really nervous for the test I have ONE shot in september to do well so I'm trying to over prepare lol

Dr. Collins are very helpful in Math, Bio, and Chem. I read the Kaplan twice before taking any practice tests. Bio of Kaplan helps me the most in this exam.

anyone that has taken the test so far...has the math section been hard to complete in the time frame given or have the questions been more difficult?

Members don't see this ad :)
When you score like this:
VA 95
Bio 99
RC 94
QA 27!!!!!!!!
Chem 68
Comp 92

What to do?

Contact the schools that you're interested in to see if they have a requirement regarding individual subjects. Some schools won't allow you a section below 40, etc. Furthermore, your lowest sections are in the more important parts of the PCAT. I would think about retaking, but wouldn't schedule anything until you contact schools regarding their PCAT subject section requirements.

VA-461(99)
Bio-447(96)
RC-449(97)
QA-429(84)
Chem-463(98)
Comp-450(99)

What what!!

Good job! Didn't see anyone get anything near that at the center where I took it lol. Btw do you know if our official scores will stay the same except for writing of course?

Good job! Didn't see anyone get anything near that at the center where I took it lol. Btw do you know if our official scores will stay the same except for writing of course?

I'm not sure but I highly doubt my score will fluctuate at all. It is one of the highest comps I've ever seen. My essays were damn good too. Wouldn't be surprised if I get 5/5.

Dr collins bio helped A LOT today. I didn't have time to study so I only went over the dr collins bio and I got a 90 today. I even saw 3 of the same questions. Dr collins verbal was really really helpful too. I got like 7 of the same analogies on my pcat today so memorize each one.

I thought the bio was rediculous (extremely random and specific for many questions) , and the quant was very hard (I ended up guessing on about 5 questions). Everything else was a cakewalk except for maybe one RC passage (spent about 11-12 minutes on the stupid thing).

Anyone have last minute tips or refresheners for those taking in a few hours?? What should we review in chem? Bio? Thanks, all is appreciated!

I thought the bio was rediculous (extremely random and specific for many questions) , and the quant was very hard (I ended up guessing on about 5 questions). Everything else was a cakewalk except for maybe one RC passage (spent about 11-12 minutes on the stupid thing).

Yeah I expected a terrible score in bio. Felt like it was asking unimportant things and leaving out the main concepts. More microbio than I expected too but dr collins microbio section helped with that for sure. and the RC destroyed me. way harder than pearson's and kaplan's :(

Anyone have last minute tips or refresheners for those taking in a few hours?? What should we review in chem? Bio? Thanks, all is appreciated!

I didn't study at all the last 48 hours prior, just looked over a couple notes and watched a bunch of movies, played video games.

Dr. Collins are very helpful in Math, Bio, and Chem. I read the Kaplan twice before taking any practice tests. Bio of Kaplan helps me the most in this exam.

Are you guys talking about the Kaplan course review books? Or the regular Kaplan PCAT study guides?

was it just me who thought chem had a lot of organic chem questions. I didn't expect to see things from organic chem 2 in there but at least 40% of it was organic.

Yeah I expected a terrible score in bio. Felt like it was asking unimportant things and leaving out the main concepts. More microbio than I expected too but dr collins microbio section helped with that for sure. and the RC destroyed me. way harder than pearson's and kaplan's :(

Did we take the same test? I thought Collin's sucked for bio... Some of the micro stuff was super detailed, stuff that was not taught in my microbiology course. The RC was a joke, much easier than the practice pearson exams I've taken.

You won't get a 5/5 on your essays if you spell ridiculous incorrectly. :D

Did we take the same test? I thought Collin's sucked for bio... Some of the micro stuff was super detailed, stuff that was not taught in my microbiology course. The RC was a joke, much easier than the practice pearson exams I've taken.

lol maybe I found dr collins to be helpful since it's the only thing I used for bio so I had nothing else to compare it too. and I did find RC to be wayyyy harder. english is my second language but still this was way worse than what i scored on practice ones.

Hello! I just took it this morning at 8am.
Here are my scores:

Verbal 416 / 73
Biology 435 / 91
Reading 416 / 71
Quantitative 443 / 94
Chem 463 / 98
Composite 435 / 94

I am happy with my composite score; however, all my science scores are in the 90s while my English scores are in the 70s. Should I re-take the pcats, or is this a good enough score?

Thanks in advance. And good luck to anyone else taking it later!

Hello! I just took it this morning at 8am.
Here are my scores:

Verbal 416 / 73
Biology 435 / 91
Reading 416 / 71
Quantitative 443 / 94
Chem 463 / 98
Composite 435 / 94

I am happy with my composite score; however, all my science scores are in the 90s while my English scores are in the 70s. Should I re-take the pcats, or is this a good enough score?

Thanks in advance. And good luck to anyone else taking it later!

Do. Not. Retake. Period. :)

VA 423 82
BI 466 99
RC 404 52
QA 439 92
CH 484 99
Composite 443 97 happy with my overall score, the english part is too hard for me cause im a non-native speaker;)

Hey Chemguy :p

Do you think I need to contact the University of Florida (top choice) about my reading comprehension score?

Reading: 48
Verbal: 82
Biology: 99
Quant: 81
Chemistry: 93
Composite: 92

Ugh. Reading? Really? Plus I mayyy have misunderstood one of the essay prompts today so I don't want them to get the wrong impression about my communication skills.

Thanks, any advice is appreciated :)

I've been lurking the forums for a while and was eagerly anticipating your score. It always sounded like you had a very good shot at getting a 99. Congrats :D

2 more hours till I take exam!

Haha thanks. I know I seem to be reeking of braggadocio, but hey, at least I can back up my big mouth!

Hey Chemguy :p

Do you think I need to contact the University of Florida (top choice) about my reading comprehension score?

Reading: 48
Verbal: 82
Biology: 99
Quant: 81
Chemistry: 93
Composite: 92

Ugh. Reading? Really? Plus I mayyy have misunderstood one of the essay prompts today so I don't want them to get the wrong impression about my communication skills.

Thanks, any advice is appreciated :)

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. E-mail their office if their website doesn't say anything about a minimum subject score. (I am not interested in UF, so I don't know if they have a requirement off of the top of my head.) In any event, with your composite and the rest of your scores, you are definitely in the clear.

Congrats to everyone! I had no idea that you're able to see your score right after you take it. You guys have it easy now; no more of that dreadful waiting :D

you guys have amazing scores, congratz. I was not as fortunate. I studied for 2 months but still did horribly.

Took it today:

VA-86
Bio- 88
RC- 65
QA-98
Chem-98
Comp-97

Little upset about reading, but I don't think I will take it again. Anyone agree?