July 27 PCAT score thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harmonidrum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
t-minus 1.5 hours and counting!!:xf: post scores here

Members don't see this ad.

There was absolutely NO orthographical or grammatical errors in either of my essays. If a human being(s) actually read my essays, either they are adverse to my political viewpoints that I expressed in my writing, or simply happen to be grossly incompetent at their job.

Or perhaps the average writer doesn't make mistakes on the PCAT, so everyone just gets a 3 these days? Maybe future test takers should "sponsor" some illiterate people to bomb the curve. ;) :laugh:

Or perhaps the average writer doesn't make mistakes on the PCAT, so everyone just gets a 3 these days? Maybe future test takers should "sponsor" some illiterate people to bomb the curve. ;) :laugh:

As per the grading rubric that Pearson posted, a score of 3 entails significant errors of composition and weak/incomplete solutions. I am pretty upset about this but I guess there's not much that can be done about it.

As per the grading rubric that Pearson posted, a score of 3 entails significant errors of composition and weak/incomplete solutions. I am pretty upset about this but I guess there's not much that can be done about it.

I seem to recall that you can request a re-score?

My score (I think) was 2.5/3, which was far to low, I have much gooder writing skills then that.

In the end, who cares? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I seem to recall that you can request a re-score?

My score (I think) was 2.5/3, which was far to low, I have much gooder writing skills then that.

In the end, who cares? :laugh:
I agree. It's over, and I don't really care to get a re-score... Not that I didn't deserve a 4, but one of my essays was not as strong as the other so in a way I am content at 3...I was thinking maybe a 4 on my strong and a 3 on the weaker essay. I've talked to a few people not on SDN and they got 3's as well.

Did anyone get a 4 or 5? How rare is a 4 or a 5?

Just got an email concerning my official scores they did not change for the print out at the test center.

Verbal: 419 / 77
Biology: 421/ 80
Chem : 412 / 64
Reading: 386 / 24
Math : 381 / 13

Composite: 404 / 51

Writing:
Conventions: 3
Problem Solving: 3

I have a 3.8 GPA with a BS in Biology Minor in Chem hopefully this is enough to get me in!!! :xf:

Ok so everyone who looked at their final scores today got a 3/3. Is there anyyyyyone who got a different score? I find it odd that all of us got the same score.

I, too, was not expecting such a low score on my essay.

*sigh* whatever, I'm just happy I get to keep my 88 :D

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I got a 61 composite and these were my writing scores......

Writing:
Conventions: 5
Problem Solving: 5

Ok so everyone who looked at their final scores today got a 3/3. Is there anyyyyyone who got a different score? I find it odd that all of us got the same score.

I, too, was not expecting such a low score on my essay.

*sigh* whatever, I'm just happy I get to keep my 88 :D

I got a 3.5/3.5 but that's practically a 3/3

Members don't see this ad :)
Harmonidrum- Did you use the practice writing section in Dr. Collins packets? If not, that's probably why you got a 3.....

I realize this wasn't pointed at me, but - shouldn't Pearson's example essays be at least as good as a third-party source? At least for calibrating what a "3" is?

I think we're in agreement that the score having to do with the actual content may have been subjectively put at a 3, but the one having to do with the technical aspects (such as grammatical errors) does not seem to be scored according to Pearson's own guidelines.

I realize this wasn't pointed at me, but - shouldn't Pearson's example essays be at least as good as a third-party source? At least for calibrating what a "3" is?

I think we're in agreement that the score having to do with the actual content may have been subjectively put at a 3, but the one having to do with the technical aspects (such as grammatical errors) does not seem to be scored according to Pearson's own guidelines.

I don't mean to toot my horn too loudly, but my essays were both stellar. I actually looked up the wikipedia article about one of my essay prompts, and my essay structure included all the main points. I know they are hesitant to give 5's, but I really would like to know how my writing warranted anything less than a 5. And I did not use Dr. Collins, or anything for that matter, to prepare for the writing section.

Which one you thought was most effective of the 3 (Kaplan, Collins and pearson)? I mean which one was more close to your real pcat exam?

Pearson is by far the closest to the actual exam. Collins is pretty close to, but is a bit on the easy side. Kaplan is harder than the actual one.

Me too! I haven't seen a South Park episode in ages, but the Sexual Harassment Panda and SHENANIGANS! are still my personal faves.

Imagination Land? Cartoon Wars? And the immortal PROFITS?

Scott Tenorman is by far my all time favorite though. "mm, your tears are so yummy and sweet"

Me too! I haven't seen a South Park episode in ages, but the Sexual Harassment Panda and SHENANIGANS! are still my personal faves.

I havent watched hardly any either lately (damn you PCAT studying!). But, I have caught a few of the new episodes of Futurama and they are pretty damn good. :laugh:

I also scored a 3/3 on the writing section. My scores did not change compared to the preliminary printout that they handed me.

VA: 77
Bio: 96
RC: 65
QA: 52
Chem: 58

Composite: 77

I'm pleased with my results :)

Quick question: did anyone look at their PCAT Status on PharmCAS? I took the PCAT on July 27, but my PharmCAS says July 11. Is that a problem? Does anyone else's date show up the same as mine?

Quick question: did anyone look at their PCAT Status on PharmCAS? I took the PCAT on July 27, but my PharmCAS says July 11. Is that a problem? Does anyone else's date show up the same as mine?

You took the test in July, in the year 2011. That's why it says that date. Confusing I know haha

Verbal 416 (73)
Biology 435 (91)
Reading 397 (40)
Quantitative 435 (89)
Chemistry 439 (91)
Composite 424 (85)

Conventions: 2
Problem Solving: 2.5

Crap, should I retake? I have 5 more days to decide, can anyone help me consider?
I currently have a 3.3 overall GPA and 3.14 science GPA. Would this and my composite PCAT score override my poor Writing section grade?

Verbal 416 (73)
Biology 435 (91)
Reading 397 (40)
Quantitative 435 (89)
Chemistry 439 (91)
Composite 424 (85)

Conventions: 2
Problem Solving: 2.5

Crap, should I retake? I have 5 more days to decide, can anyone help me consider?
I currently have a 3.3 overall GPA and 3.14 science GPA. Would this and my composite PCAT score override my poor Writing section grade?

SDN has a section ... What are my chances ... for this very question. If you want a response, you should post it there.

For those of you complaining about your writing scores... don't you realize that it's all based on how well others do? Believe it or not, it's possible that you just happened to be just as good as everyone else who wrote their essays. I'm sure the person grading it didn't have a personal vendetta...

For those of you complaining about your writing scores... don't you realize that it's all based on how well others do?

This is not according to their instruction booklet, nor their practice test examples. The essay is not graded on a percentile curve like the rest of the test. Pearson claims it is graded to certain standards available in the instruction booklet.

Chinpokomon for the win! It's my ABSOLUTE favorite. "It is so small" Though, I also love the episode where Cartman is possessed by Kenny and has to go to Scotland to visit chef's parents. I still say that I need about "tree-fiddy"

One of my favorites is the original Cartman being a cop on his big wheel. "You will respect my authority!"