July 27 PCAT score thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harmonidrum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
t-minus 1.5 hours and counting!!:xf: post scores here

Members don't see this ad.

verbal 89
bio 99
reading 87
QA 89
chem 93
comp: 98

I won't bitch. I thought i completely under performed during the test, but it turned out all right. I found chem and QA more challenging than the practice tests. Well i didn't use Collins, so i guess i did alright considering. I just hope the final report doesn't bring it down too much. Also i completely ****ing botched the writing.

Last edited:
man, how can you guys do math so fast? It's the section I practiced the most but still can't finish on time. Got an 84 for QA. 94 composite. This QA had a ridiculous large amount of long word problems too, compared to the pearson practice tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! So many amazing scores! I managed a 79 composite, not sure if I should retake it. The admissons said im fine, but who knows, right?

65 verbal
34 rc....eek!
96 bio
85 chem
71 QA
79 composite

Although it would be fun to see my scores after a year of o chem and calculus/trig.

Last edited:
Aw shucks, I thought I did really well on the exam.

Verbal 416 (73)
Biology 435 (91)
Reading 397 (40!!! WTF)
Quantitative 435 (89)
Chemistry 439 (91)
Composite 424 (85)

I'm gonna need to brush up on my Reading Comp. practice. I thought I did well on that section since I finished it with almost 10 minute left on the timer. Does anyone know when we will receive our official grades and whether or not these scores are accurate? I know for a fact that my essays were poorly written (perhaps a 2 or 3 out of 5) and I'm not sure how that's gonna affect my grade.

I'll be taking the PCAT again in September and believe me... I'll be ready for it *game face.

VA 45 (expected at least 75)
Bio 90 (even though they had the MOST RANDOM Qs)
RC 43 (again, expected at least 75)
QA 69 (dunno how i messed up!!!)
Chem 85 (shoulda done better)

Comp 73

What do u guys think, should i keep em n move on with apps??:confused::confused:
retake??:thumbdown:

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. E-mail their office if their website doesn't say anything about a minimum subject score. (I am not interested in UF, so I don't know if they have a requirement off of the top of my head.) In any event, with your composite and the rest of your scores, you are definitely in the clear.

I'll definitely email them. You've been a great help on here by the way, thanks.

VA 45 (expected at least 75)
Bio 90 (even though they had the MOST RANDOM Qs)
RC 43 (again, expected at least 75)
QA 69 (dunno how i messed up!!!)
Chem 85 (shoulda done better)

Comp 73

What do u guys think, should i keep em n move on with apps??:confused::confused:
retake??:thumbdown:

Last edited:
I completed the PCAT today.
Verbal: 40
Reading: 48
Chem: 96
Bio: 98
Math: 91
Composite: 90

Last edited:
Took my PCAT today.

Here are my scores:

VA-437-92%
Bio-440-94%
RC-449-97%
QA-441-93%
Chem-463-98%
Comp-446-98%

There are a LOT of good scores on this site. I guess there's pretty good study advice on here then lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed the PCAT today.
Verbal: 40
Reading: 48
Chem: 96
Bio: 98
Math: 91
Composite: 90
I am Asian though, so the English scores may be the highest ones that I could achieve.

It is against the terms and conditions of the PCAT to discuss specific questions from the exam. Doing so may lead to the invalidation of your test scores. Please refrain from this, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
VA 73
BIO 84
RC 34
QA 83
CHEM 81

Composite 77

RC really screwed me, but i don't think I need to retake since my sciences and math are decent.

All I will say is I got an 8 in the math section....so it doesn't matter what I got on the others. Back to the books next week for the september test :/

Wait. Say you got a 440 in one section. does that mean you can divide 440 by 600 to find out the percentage of questions you got right? Is that how it works, or does it go by a different method altogether?

Wait. Say you got a 440 in one section. does that mean you can divide 440 by 600 to find out the percentage of questions you got right? Is that how it works, or does it go by a different method altogether?

Nope. No one knows how scaled scores are determined, nor their connection to the # of questions answered correctly.

Wow I felt like I did pretty well till I saw what everyone else got! Congrats everyone! Here's mine:

verbal: 461/(99)
biology: 440/(94)
RC: 430/(87)
quant: 401/(43)
Chemistry:430/(85)
Composite: 432/(92)

So I bombed the math...should i retake or not? It meets my school's requirements (25%), but it sure looks bad.

Does the essay score change the composite score much?

Last edited:
Same here, I understand.......my english was even lower than that -__-

lol i didnt notice you edited it, making my post pointless, anw hi5 asian !
Hi, OMG. I didn't know that talking about the PCAT test is forbidden here.
Any way, so nice to meet u. Where r u from? I am from VietNam.
keke

RC was terrible, each passage was longer than the next! The kaplan prep tests were shorter, or at least I read them faster. September...

Verbal 68
Biology 98
RC 32
Quant 95
Chemistry 90
Composite 90

I thought the chemistry asked weird questions. Math was pretty basic. Reading was extremely difficult. The passages were longer than pearsons so I didn't have time and half to guess on about half the test.

So this is my scores
VA 398 45
BIO 440 94
RC 378 15 ( :(:mad:
QA 429 84
CHEM 438 90
COMP 417 76
I DNT KNW WHT TO ABOUT THE RC 15 REALLYYYYYYY:mad:
Also i read in some post if our score increase 50 percent tehy would hodl the scores until it is verified.. is it true? if so where can i find that thread in pearson (i cudnt find it) and my first COMPOSITE was 24 which i took in janary 2011

Should I retake because of RC

VA 427/86
Bio 430/88
RC 386/24 ....don't know where that came from
QA 428/83
Chem 439/91
Composite 422/83

I feel all my other scores are really good and I don't know how I did so bad on the reading comprehension. What do you think I should do?

Applying to Midwestern, Arizona, Univ. Washington, UCSD, Univ. Utah, Univ. South. Nevada, and Univ. Colorado ....anyone know any of their requirements?

Two things.... I hate all of you....you darn bunch of smarties!! J/k, you guys are all wonderful, but geez this thread is humbling.

Also, with all the low RC scores, is it possible that they might change it or something? I cannot imagine this many people with such high scores all erformed the exact same on the RC section.

I spoke with the admissions office at the U of A and they also had multiple calls about the RC section lol....oi vey.

Two things.... I hate all of you....you darn bunch of smarties!! J/k, you guys are all wonderful, but geez this thread is humbling.

Also, with all the low RC scores, is it possible that they might change it or something? I cannot imagine this many people with such high scores all erformed the exact same on the RC section.

I spoke with the admissions office at the U of A and they also had multiple calls about the RC section lol....oi vey.

what exactly did they say about the RC?

Should i retake because of RC?

VA - 77
Bio - 98
Chem - 96
Math - 85
RC - 37 WTFF!
Composite - 92 :D

What do u guys think?

I thought the Biology was also kind of random and the RC was EXTREMELY difficult. The passages were way longer and complex than anything I had studied before.

what exactly did they say about the RC?

They just said that there were numerous people that called to get information regarding the section score requirements. They also said that the RC section does not matter, because they test that during the interview.

VA 63
Bio 96
RC 29 :(
QA 83
Chem 98

comp 88

overall i was happy but really disappointed with rc, i honestly thought that section went well, but what can i do now!

congrats to everyone else's amazing scores! hard work paid off! :)

Should i retake because of RC?

VA - 77
Bio - 98
Chem - 96
Math - 85
RC - 37 WTFF!
Composite - 92 :D

What do u guys think?

I feel ya man. I got a 48 in verbal and was shocked because I thought it twas the easiest section on the test. Tons of people told me it would be pointless to retake for a subsection when you composite is high. Its really up to you.

Oh I did so bad :(
I don't get it because I am an A student. I have never not gotten an A on a test.

Verbal 398 45
Biology 417 75
RC 406 55
QA 399 39
Chem 408 58
composite 406 56

I really don't want to retake it in Sept because I will be in school by then and they only offer the test mon/wed and I hate missing class. Will this basically be my final score in the five sections or will they change at all? Do you think I have no chance if I don't retake? I will most likely retake, but what if I don't even do much better?

Huh? RC percentile score is not counted in the Composite or what?

I think that person meant a school they they were interested in does not care about low RC scores. RC counts towards your composite score. Only the essay does not affect the composite score.

Oh I did so bad :(
I don't get it because I am an A student. I have never not gotten an A on a test.

Verbal 398 45
Biology 417 75
RC 406 55
QA 399 39
Chem 408 58
composite 406 56

I really don't want to retake it in Sept because I will be in school by then and they only offer the test mon/wed and I hate missing class. Will this basically be my final score in the five sections or will they change at all? Do you think I have no chance if I don't retake? I will most likely retake, but what if I don't even do much better?

Well...the good thing is...you know what to expect. That was something I really feared in my preparation; I just didn't know what to expect. Something I learned after taking the PCAT is that timing is really key. You can know how to do everything, but it's useless if you can't do it quickly. No one knows how this will compare to the real scores, because this is the first time that it is purely computerized, so we are the guinea pigs. Look, you know the PCAT by now. I recommend that you retake it, because I am sure that you will do better. I hope this helps.

If I am not mistaken, it certainly is.

man, how can you guys do math so fast? It's the section I practiced the most but still can't finish on time. Got an 84 for QA. 94 composite. This QA had a ridiculous large amount of long word problems too, compared to the pearson practice tests.

I agree with the word problems comment. There were just too many. When I was taking the section, I didn't find it difficult (you may not believe me given the score, but I assure you that it is true). I really didn't. I became really aggravated due to such convoluted problem after convoluted problem. I had done enough practice that I knew that quant would be the section that I would be hard-pressed for time. So I just did the problems right the first time. When there were three minutes left, I had eight unanswered problems left (they were all convoluted...) and I did ridiculous speed math. But you did well!

I agree with the word problems comment. There were just too many. When I was taking the section, I didn't find it difficult (you may not believe me given the score, but I assure you that it is true). I really didn't. I became really aggravated due to such convoluted problem after convoluted problem. I had done enough practice that I knew that quant would be the section that I would be hard-pressed for time. So I just did the problems right the first time. When there were three minutes left, I had eight unanswered problems left (they were all convoluted...) and I did ridiculous speed math. But you did well!

I know what you mean exactly. Those word problems were popping up everywhere, and stupid looking tables that were very ambiguous. Halfway through the QA section I noticed I was falling behind my target pace and started skipping around to easier questions. Ended up guessing on about 6 questions, clearly didn't get lucky because I got a 84 on QA:(

Your composite % is based on the scaled score that you got on the composite. The scaled score for the composite is suppose to be the average of all the scaled scores from the other section. What people need to remember is that % is how much better you did compared to a norm group not the number you get correct.

Verbal: 89
Biology: 91
Reading comprehension: 76
Quantitative ability: 64
Chemistry: 90
Composite: 89

This is actually better than how I did on 2 previous practice tests. Hope it balances out my 3.3 GPA and 3.1 science GPA...

wow u got like same scores as me lol. i got 73 composite, 90 in bio and 85 in chem. I emailed the school I will be applying to and they said my score is fine esp. since science was high. I guess as long as u have a 3.6 or around that and the rest of ur app is good u should be fine. I really don't wanna retake it either.
what schools did u call up and what did they tell u?
Thanks!!

In regards to all of you with fantastic scores, I'm just trying to get an idea about the amount of time you all studied. This is my first time taking the pcat and due to personal reasons, I was literally only able to study for 2 days prior to the exam. About 8-10 hours each day. My scores are as follows:

Verbal-400-48%
Bio-430-88%
RC-400-45%
Quant-418-71%
Chem-402-48%
Comp-410-64%

I'm extremely nervous because I only have the sept. pcat left before my applications are due. I currently have a 3.2 gpa. I plan on studying very hard for the next 2 months, but Im just trying to get an idea on how I did for by no means being prepared.

Everyone seems to be having trouble with the RC and looking for a simple solution. I have to be blunt, but you arent going from a 25th percentile to 99th overnight. Time to lay off the Cheetos and turn off Jerry Springer for a minute and maybe crack a book. Steady, consistent reading will serve you well. You will develop an increasingly powerful vocabulary, given you read a eclectic array of challenging material(local newspapers, popular fiction and how-to books are intended to maximize profit and are written at an appropriate reading level, usually around 5-7th grade). As an added bonus you will get better and better at your reading speed and comprehension.