June 15 MCAT... too Late???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Edenbook85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im scheduled to take the MCAT in June 15...can someone inform me please!

1. how soon will i get my scores and be able to send them off to medschools

2. is June too late, considering the rolling admission system in TEXAS...

Members don't see this ad.

Not at all...or at least I hope not; I'm scheduled for the same day.

The way I see it, if you submit your AMCAS right at the beginning, it will be verified sometime in July, and the MCAT scores take 30 days from test date (mid July). Right in the ballpark!

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone..

i go to a&m and i emailed my advisor about the exact same thing.....she said that for sure may would be fine but that june should be fine as long as that is the last thing you're waiting on........have everything else in...so they're just waiting on your scores.

I was signed up to take the april mcat but realized I wont be ready so I pushed it back to june also. From everyone I have talked to they have said that it is much better to score a point or two higher on your mcat than apply a month earlier. BTW, ill be taking it on my 21st birthday, hahaha wat a way to celebrate:thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)

So the scores will be back in July, correct?

Have everything and ready to go so you're only waiting on your MCAT scores and you should be fine - I had all my Texas interviews done (at the schools I didn't intentionally reschedule or drop because I wasn't interested) by the 2nd week in September. If this year is any indication, you want to get your Texas interviews done before Nov. 15th so that you have a shot at the prematch slots.

:luck:

(We're setting up a Texas FAQ thread in pre-allo. Should "When should I take the MCAT?" be part of it? It is alittle different for TMDSAS than AMCAS.)

I just changed my date to July 13 (from an April date) to give myself more time. Did I just officially screw myself over? My friend who just got in to the University of Iowa said she didn't get her applications in till September. Thoughts? :confused: :confused:

I was signed up to take the april mcat but realized I wont be ready so I pushed it back to june also. From everyone I have talked to they have said that it is much better to score a point or two higher on your mcat than apply a month earlier. BTW, ill be taking it on my 21st birthday, hahaha wat a way to celebrate:thumbdown:

I am considering doing the exact same thing, Scheduled for April 7th but will not be ready, so pushing it to June 15th

Just changed my registration from May 11 to June 15th. Organic is killing me time-wise (plus working full-time and part-time) so there is no way I could perform respectably on the May exam. I am bummed.:(

what about the july 13th test date, is this really late to be taking it to be considered for 2008 admissions