June 1st MCAT - Still Not done with content...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smartwater9698

Reaction score
No practice exams yet. Here I am with content...

P/S - I'm done with all of premed 95 Anki deck and I have watched all the KA Psychology and sociology video and have everything down 100% to date.
B/B - Practically memorized the Exam Krackers bio and Biochem (20%) and should have biochem memorized by April 8-9 (Made my own ANKI decks)
C/P - Physics is done. Chemistry I have to grind that out. (ANKI Decks as well)
CARS - Average at CARS

After April 15 I will be done with content and when I mean done with content like everything is memorized (equations, amino acids, pathways, ALL terms). I know it is overkill but I have been having a lot of anxiety before taking a practice exam so I wanted to be solid with my content.

Where should I go after April 15th? 45 days before the exam, should I hit AAMC material right away or what? I'm thinking EK 30 minute exams + UWORLD + AAMC

GOAL SCORE: 505+ (absolutely fine with DO schools)

Members don't see this ad.

Practice practice practice. I recommend the EK 101 passages . They are very difficult but so worth it. Never used UWorld so can't comment, but I've heard good things. Save AAMC stuff for last. While you're practicing, don't just do passive review. Write down what you got wrong and either make an anki card or go back and review it in one of the content review books.

It goes without saying, you need to start practicing ASAP. I can't stress this enough when I say this is not a pure content exam. You're stressing, but realistically you're preparing for an exam that doesn't exist.

As far as timing goes, that's basically a month and a half, and the common recommendation is for you to start integrating AAMC material at the one month mark. Unless you're going to plow through EK 30 min exams very quickly, I'd just toss em'. Consider going straight to the AAMC sample test to see where you're weak at. Target those areas with Uworld and Khan. I'd toss out any idea of third company practice exams. Most productive thing would be to stick to AAMC material, especially the section bank. Go through them multiple times, conceptually understanding everything. You could decide to do passages from other areas, but again (with the time constraints) I'm not sure using third company material with so little time is the most productive plan. (Besides extra CARS practice. You'll run out)

Last edited:
It goes without saying, you need to start practicing ASAP. I can't stress this enough when I say this is not a pure content exam. You're stressing, but realistically you're preparing for an exam that doesn't exist.

As far as timing goes, that's basically a month and a half, and the common recommendation is for you to start integrating AAMC material at the one month mark. Unless you're going to plow through EK 30 min exams very quickly, I'd just toss em'. Consider going straight to the AAMC sample test to see where you're weak at. Target those areas with Uworld and Khan. I'd toss out any idea of third company practice exams. Most productive thing would be to stick to AAMC material, especially the section bank. Go through them multiple times, conceptually understanding everything. You could decide to do passages from other areas, but again (with the time constraints) I'm not sure using third company material with so little time is the most productive plan.

Okay, so hit up the sample test and find weak areas. Grind out UWORLD in those sections + KA (Finish all this by end of April). Start of May grind out QBanks, Sections banks, and all 3 FLs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Practice practice practice. I recommend the EK 101 passages . They are very difficult but so worth it. Never used UWorld so can't comment, but I've heard good things. Save AAMC stuff for last. While you're practicing, don't just do passive review. Write down what you got wrong and either make an anki card or go back and review it in one of the content review books.
Yeah, I thought about making an ANKI deck for stuff I get wrong, that way I can review it all the time. EK 101 I have heard good and bad things about. Should I just stick to UWORLD? U think if I do: Uworld, KA passages, and all of AAMC that would be sufficient for my goal score?

Sounds like a workable plan. As far as your score goes, I can't tell you that. I can only say that people have used that plan and scored above your target. Gotta hit me with a few practice exams first. AAMC FLs (Sample is easier) is great at estimating your score. My point is, best bang for your buck and with time constraints without killing yourself... AAMC. If you had another 2 wks+ I'd say use 3rd party passages to fill stopgap and use up their practice FLs so you can adjust to sitting for 7 hours before burning through AAMC.

With 6 weeks you better understand every word in all of the AAMC material like the back of your hand. Analyze for concepts. This should take you a long time.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, I thought about making an ANKI deck for stuff I get wrong, that way I can review it all the time. EK 101 I have heard good and bad things about. Should I just stick to UWORLD? U think if I do: Uworld, KA passages, and all of AAMC that would be sufficient for my goal score?
I agree with the poster below. For some reason, I though u had much more time. Time is a blur these days lol. Try to get in as much AAMC material as possible. And actively review each FL. I am of the opinion that review should take at minimum 2 days. That way, u can accurately pinpoint exactly why you may have missed a question. Have you been working on CARS? That section can be one of the hardest to improve.

Edit: I didn't use too much KA so not sure on that end. I think EK's bio and psych passages were good. Meh at chem and physics. Hated the CARS. CARS is so hard to study from an outside company, so AAMC is your best bet there.

Anki is super helpful for reinforcing concepts you miss on homework sets and practice exams. Making a deck is a great idea. EK was helpful for CARS, but I think there are better things out there for the sciences. I personally thought U World was just okay. I got more out TBR materials and their approach to questions. It's really hard to explain exactly what they do, but you walk away understanding things better and looking at things from the simplest perspective. I owe my C/P and B/B scores to them. You have to do the AAMC section banks above everything else. They are the closest thing you'll find to the actual exam, even better than their FLs.

I was in your shoes before. I would push back your test date and solidly finish content review while doing practice problems

Reactions: 1 user
Dang, even if I take a practice exam and I am getting around my goal score of 505?
Ok well if you are near your goal score that is different. I did not notice the last part. I started studying Jan of last year and mid spring I was not getting anywhere near 505 with an approaching MCAT date of June 1st.

If you take AAMC FL #1 and/or #2 and you are getting a 505 you are fine

Ok well if you are near your goal score that is different. I did not notice the last part. I started studying Jan of last year and mid spring I was not getting anywhere near 505 with an approaching MCAT date of June 1st.

If you take AAMC FL #1 and/or #2 and you are getting a 505 you are fine

Hopefully, I finish most of UWORLD and take 2-3 NS exams by end of April. Then AAMC FL#1 and see where I am. Hopefully it goes according to plan lol

Are you getting 505 in NS exam 1?
took half-length NS 2 months ago (no content review) - 498 (126,127,123,122). Since then, studied all of P/S thoroughly. Memorized every single bio/biochem concept. Will do a light C/P review for next week, then take full-length NS. I'm really hoping I get a 505+.