June 5th MCAT Reschedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cubby2016

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently scheduled to take the MCAT on June 5th, but am considering rescheduling for a July date with the increasing possibility of June MCAT's also being cancelled. Would anybody advise to keep my current date until it is cancelled, or secure one of the remaining July dates in anticipation of them being filled after the June dates are (possibly) cancelled?

Members don't see this ad.

i'd bet on your test date being cancelled... I would secure a July spot

Reactions: 1 user
I am currently scheduled to take the MCAT on June 5th, but am considering rescheduling for a July date with the increasing possibility of June MCAT's also being cancelled. Would anybody advise to keep my current date until it is cancelled, or secure one of the remaining July dates in anticipation of them being filled after the June dates are (possibly) cancelled?
Great question! I'd hold off if I were you. AAMC is making arrangements for additional dates as I type this, and they are scheduled to be released this Friday, so I don't think you'll be unable to reschedule for later in the summer if you need to.

The bottom line is, if you want to apply next cycle, earlier is better than later, and testing will resume at SOME point. Will it be by June 5th? Who knows? But, you'll undoubtedly feel bad if the June 5th date isn't cancelled and you have to wait until sometime in August for your score because you rescheduled prematurely.

At this point, why not wait until AAMC posts the new dates in 2 days, and see how many they add and when they are scheduled (June? July? August? September?)? The odds are high that the 2 days aren't going to cost you anything at this point (i.e., even if a date that is available now is gone on Friday, others will definitely be added).

Reactions: 1 user