TMDSAS with mid June MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pugsygirl17

Reaction score
Is the general consensus when applying for TMDSAS with a late MCAT to wait until you get your score to submit? I took 4/9 MCAT and wasn’t happy, so I’m retaking 6/18. I know for AMCAS you can apply to a “throw away” school early just to get verified & add more schools later, but it seems like this isn’t possible with TMDSAS. I’m worried applying late July will hurt my chances, but I also don’t want to be considered with my first MCAT score alone. Anybody got any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

This probably isn't ideal but I took the exam late July and things worked out fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is the general consensus when applying for TMDSAS with a late MCAT to wait until you get your score to submit? I took 4/9 MCAT and wasn’t happy, so I’m retaking 6/18. I know for AMCAS you can apply to a “throw away” school early just to get verified & add more schools later, but it seems like this isn’t possible with TMDSAS. I’m worried applying late July will hurt my chances, but I also don’t want to be considered with my first MCAT score alone. Anybody got any advice?
It depends on how low your score was, but it's definitely worth submitting your primary in May or June

It depends on how low your score was, but it's definitely worth submitting your primary in May or June

I scored a 504 which isn’t competitive at hardly any Texas medical schools. If I submit June, will schools mostly consider me based on my 504?