June Review Board Results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfdr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else go to the June review board for HPSP/HSCP med school scholarships? If so, have you heard anything back (either official or unofficial)? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else go to the June review board for HPSP/HSCP med school scholarships? If so, have you heard anything back (either official or unofficial)? Thanks.

I think we had 85 at the board. You should have heard SOMETHING by now.

SO are interviews required for people who apply for HPSP? DO you have to go to interviews in suit and tie?

Members don't see this ad :)
My recruiter recently told me that we were waiting on my security clearance (my parents are naturalized citizens and there are some debt issues). Would my application have gone before the board before then or will I have to wait for these issues to be resolved first before my application can go before the review board?

TIA

I think we had 85 at the board. You should have heard SOMETHING by now.

Thanks, NavyFP. I did find out late last week that I have been professionally reccomended. However, I was also told I have to redo my background check and get a new set of prints. Do you know if my final select letter will be delayed by these two outstanding items? Also, do you know how many HSCP scholarships, if any, remained as of the June board? Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile

Thanks, NavyFP. I did find out late last week that I have been professionally reccomended. However, I was also told I have to redo my background check and get a new set of prints. Do you know if my final select letter will be delayed by these two outstanding items? Also, do you know how many HSCP scholarships, if any, remained as of the June board? Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile

Don't know how many are left. You final select could be delayed, but should not be long.

I have been professionally recommended for the Navy HPSP (as of July 15th). Everything is set to go, and I've taken care of everything at my end. Unfortunately, my recruiter has told me that all of the officer commissioning for FY2012 may be taken, and I will likely have to wait for FY2013 (which starts in October!).

This is not fair. I miss out on the stipend until they allow me to commission, I am stalling the Bursars Office of my medical school until the commission goes through, I am stuck taking care of all commissioning errands after classes start, and I can't confidently buy books knowing that the Navy will reimburse me.

Anyone in a similar situation? Anyone have experience with this kind of scenario? Any advice? Can I be fairly confident that the commission will go through eventually? I know I'm recommended but not "final select." Should I be worried?

I was selected as a HSCP alternate. Anyone know what my chances are of getting an offer?