Junior... Change my major? Please Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7preston

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I'm currently an Exercise Science major. I've taken most of the basic classes and I'm into the upper level Exercise Physiology classes and ultimately falling out of love with my major. I'm currently taking Orgo and would like to keep focus on my pre-reqs for dental...

I currently have a 3.86 GPA and would like to switch to a major to keep my GPA and allow more time and dependence on my pre-req grades... I'm in the fall of my junior year and do not want to get behind in graduation schedule - plan on taking DAT this upcoming summer, any recommendations? (I've taken Anatomy, Physiology, Gen Chem, Gen Bio, Orgo now, Microbiology)....

Thanks, Chase

Members don't see this ad.

This can be tricky because lots of major specific classes are so different. If you do all the pre-reqs I would say you could switch to something like bio or microbio. However, I am not sure what your school is like. I am personally a microbio major and there is a an exercise science major at my school and switching between the two would be somewhat difficult because the exercise science major requires lots of major specific courses. Good luck!

This can be tricky because lots of major specific classes are so different. If you do all the pre-reqs I would say you could switch to something like bio or microbio. However, I am not sure what your school is like. I am personally a microbio major and there is a an exercise science major at my school and switching between the two would be somewhat difficult because the exercise science major requires lots of major specific courses. Good luck!
Not to mention that exercise science courses are very much watered down versions of what bio/chemistry and other majors get.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user