Junior in undergrad: WAMC for next year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fluffysheep

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a junior but am concerned about how my chances look of getting into vet school in the future. I would like to mention that I went to community college for two years before transferring, if that affects anything. I am pretty seriously considering going into both large and small animals in the future but have had trouble getting those large animal experiences. I live in the literal middle of nowhere, which gaining any vet experiences was an accomplishment, and I feel as though this has put me at a great disadvantage in comparison to my peers. Any advice on how I can improve is appreciated!

20 year old, female, Illinois Resident
Anticipated Degree:
BS in Animal Science
Cum GPA: 3.56 (as of last semester)
Science GPA: about 3.34
Still have to take GRE

Vet Hours:
260 hours small animal vet assistant/shadowing ( I plan on working here over the summer so at least 350 extra hours after that)

Animal Experience:
800 hours small animal clinic kennel staff (same clinic as shadowing experience)
18 hours large animal (labs from classes this semester, would have been more if not for online transition.

Research:
N/A

Volunteering:
30 hours teaching road and personal safety to children aged 3-4

Extracurriculars:
Bio Club secretary (community college)
D2 women's rugby

Leadership:
helping start up the bio club
captain of my rugby team

Members don't see this ad.