Jurisprudence in Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

License2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Colleagues - I will be taking the jurisprudence psychology exam very soon and was wondering about the following:
1) could you provide any insight regarding the exam. What to focus on and how to best prepare for it.

2)can anyone share the audio files?

3) any additional tips ? Feeling overwhelmed by the content .

Members don't see this ad.

Colleagues - I will be taking the jurisprudence psychology exam very soon and was wondering about the following:
1) could you provide any insight regarding the exam. What to focus on and how to best prepare for it.

2)can anyone share the audio files?

3) any additional tips ? Feeling overwhelmed by the content .
Mandatory reporting regs
Involuntary commitment statutes
Board policies and procedures

Lock yourself away for a week before taking the test. Read, reread ad nauseum each section of the book (it a relatively small book) until you can becgiven the section headings and identify the key points.

After taking the EPPP, the jurisprudence exam was easy. I took a couple of weeks between the two to recover and to study. There are previous threads that were helpful for me. I used the audio lectures to provide me with a guideline to know what to focus on my study. These were somehow helpful. I read the book countless times, understood the processes, sequences, memorized time periods, fees, who does what. In the exam, some of the questions were a bit common sense and it was easy to choose the correct answer after excluding other answers. It took me 15 minutes to complete and revise the exam. I took the preparation seriously because of the three month waiting period for the retaking of the test.

I am studying for the MA Jurisprudence exam. Does anyone know if there are any practice questions or exams to study? I have the audio files from 2004. Does anyone know of any other study guide materials that are more recent? Or any suggestions?