Just became complete~ When can I expect interviews??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lostintime

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just became complete at 22 mid to low-tier medical schools.

I was wondering, about when can I begin to expect interview offers?
Pretty much the question is how long it takes for schools to process the secondaries and all...

Members don't see this ad.

Search those schools threads from last year. Different for every school.

I've been complete at a lot of those mid-tier, private schools for 2-3 weeks and so far no word yet (except for GW, got put on their infamous 'hold'). I think this is the high season though and the offices are swamped.

Members don't see this ad :)
Might depend on your stats...

I know you are probably playing around with this response, but I did just want to make it clear to the OP that it DEFINITELY depends on your stats. Especially now as opposed to in July or August, when things were processed quicker due to fewer apps.

The best applicants will rise to the top of the interview pile, even if they submitted later.

I know you are probably playing around with this response, but I did just want to make it clear to the OP that it DEFINITELY depends on your stats. Especially now as opposed to in July or August, when things were processed quicker due to fewer apps.

The best applicants will rise to the top of the interview pile, even if they submitted later.

I agree that the best applicants will get interviews first even if they submitted later but best in terms of the entire application. What I have discovered is that unless your stats are exceptional then once you reach a certain threshold, other factors are more important. It was driving me nuts to see people with lower stats than me get interviews, until I realized that after you meet a minimum then stats won't necessarily be that big of a deal. Schools have different criteria to select their best applicants, but of course the top ones will be more stats-focused