just being positive (or trying)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shakenotstirred

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat as many of us (?). I am being waitlisted and/or told to hold. Lotsa interviews, not much luck. I just wanted to say that being positive has been a lifesaver through this "desert" of a time. Whenever this game gets me low, and I think about what may happen if I don't get in, and how this could have been a major waste of energy, I take a step back and try to THINK positively. No, I'm not being all Full House-ish, but seriously, just taking a lighter perspective, and TRULY hoping for the better end is a real helper for those low times. It can be a wrestle too, trying to be positive about your life's dream, and the realistic inner voice says, " Yeah, well what if you really don't get in, and thinking all happy go lucky was unrealistic?" It's even tougher reading about others who have similar stats and are getting in, and we're not---I'm happy others are getting in, but it's a little disheartening at times--(I don't know if there's any way of saying that without having people get mad.) So, this may be what I guess you guys would call a waste-of-space thread, but just wanted to pass on some of what I think may help my compadres. Main point...just try to take things in a different perspective, and odds are, that persepctive will be a positive one. It'd be cool to hear any other thoughts. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I try not to fret too. the thing is we won't hear back from many schools for months. I've had 10 interviews, 2 more scheduled, and a stony brook 2ndary to deal, and I have not gotten in any place at all so far.

Hey Shakenotstirred,

I just wanted to let you know that I am going through the same thing. If it makes you feel any better, I applied to 26 schools and so far I've received 3 rejection letters (post-sec) and no interview invitations yet. As much as I try to fight it, I often find myself thinking "what if I don't get in anywhere?" I guess if the worst happens and I don't get in anywhere, I'll just try again next year.

But I'm still hoping for the best. =)

Good luck to you.

-Huxley

Members don't see this ad :)
It is a very rough road for a lot of applicants, there's no doubt about it. People who don't go through this have NO idea what we go through.

Good luck, and keep your spirits high.

I've been there, well, still going through it. It can be as depressing as hell, but I'm studying for april as we speak and trying to keep myself busy by improving my apps. Most importantly, Be sure you always have a gameplan.

i'm part of that club too. 6 interviews, i've been waitlisted at 3 of those. i'm still waiting to hear back from the others. And 12 schools still taking their sweet time with my completed applications.

this is a good venting thread---after i started this yesterday, i got ANOTHER waitlist letter. For *$&*'s sake. I don't know what I was talking about when I preached bout being positive:). Can't one of these schools just let ONE of us in! We obviously want it bad enough to bitch bout it. OK being ++++++ haha

sigh, me:

7 interviews, 3 waitlist, waiting to hear back from other 4

AHHHHHH, be POSITIVE be POSITIVE....