Just called COLUMBIA regarding my status...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheHITMAN

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They said they began reviewing my application Nov. 7 and now its being re-reviewed. Is this a good sign? The lady I spoke to said it was a good sign but i'm a little skeptical. What's taking so long?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I called Columbia last week also. As you were told, my application was also re-reviewed by them. They finally sent out a letter yesterday, and now it's on the way. Did you hear anything about people who will be receiving the letters this week?? And do you know why they re-review some applications??

What was the letter regarding? Invitation?

Members don't see this ad :)
oh no. I was interviewed in October. It is regarding the final decision they made last week. It seems like we are in the same boat, but I was not told whether or not it was a good sign. What I am worried about is that nobody seems to have received rejection letters. Do you know anybody who has been rejected/waitlisteD?

There was one person who was rejected by Columbia after a pre-dec interview. I hope the best for all of us.. but let's not get our hopes up too high--according to the predents data from last yr and the yr before, nobody (for pre-dec interviewees) seemed to have gotten accepted after Dec 10.

I haven't even been interviewed yet...

I called Columbia last week also. As you were told, my application was also re-reviewed by them. They finally sent out a letter yesterday, and now it's on the way. Did you hear anything about people who will be receiving the letters this week?? And do you know why they re-review some applications??

The same exact thing happened to me. i am now waiting on that letter I do not know if it is a good thing. Does anyone know If Columbia calls to notify for an acceptance?

The same exact thing happened to me. i am now waiting on that letter I do not know if it is a good thing. Does anyone know If Columbia calls to notify for an acceptance?

I don't think they give any information regarding their decision on the phone. I have no idea how many people are now waiting for the mail. Does anybody have any idea?

I think some people are mixing the situations up.

for the people who already had their interviews, told they were being "re-reviewed," and are still awaiting for a response, are definitely expecting letters soon and can be awaiting good or bad news.

for the people who didn't have an interview yet and have already been reviewed and told that they too are being "re-reviewed" can only hope for a "good sign" by next month. I think you can take a good sign as you're not considered rejected yet. It could mean that you're in the pending app pile still or in the second round of invites? anywho, i'd just take it as a sign of hope! :)

I don't think they give any information regarding their decision on the phone. I have no idea how many people are now waiting for the mail. Does anybody have any idea?

From what you see on predents.com and here on this forum, not many pre-dec interviewess have been rejected, I think. So, I guess most people who haven't been accepted to Columbia are still waiting to hear back. My guess is it will be more than 50?? who knows.

Aite..guys..

I live in New York...so I just got a letter from Columbia....

I am waitlisted..... :(

If some of you are lucky enough, you will get an acceptance letter...

However, what I think is that we (the people who will get letters sooner or later) are most likely gonna be waitlisted because Columbia already offered enough people with great stats to fill the spots up.....

When I got the letter, the envelop contained 2 pieces of papers. One saying something like "you are waitlisted" and the other one saying "Would you like to be waitlisted or would you like to withdraw your application? Decide and return the form ASAP"

So..I dont know..guys.....

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, how does the wait list work? Is it in order by how early you interviewed? And does anyone have the stats for how many people came off of the waitlist for any of the previous classes?

they are still interviewing this Friday... they should at least wait to accept pre dec interviewees until they have finished the pre-holiday break interviews. So i dont see how they could have sent out acceptances when they have some highly qualified people showing up friday and perhaps this past friday.

they told me a decision would be sent out by the holidays
i interviewed back in october

Aite..guys..

I live in New York...so I just got a letter from Columbia....

I am waitlisted..... :(

If some of you are lucky enough, you will get an acceptance letter...

However, what I think is that we (the people who will get letters sooner or later) are most likely gonna be waitlisted because Columbia already offered enough people with great stats to fill the spots up.....

When I got the letter, the envelop contained 2 pieces of papers. One saying something like "you are waitlisted" and the other one saying "Would you like to be waitlisted or would you like to withdraw your application? Decide and return the form ASAP"

So..I dont know..guys.....

Don't lose hope! Not everyone who gets accepted will actually enroll or place a deposit. Living in NYC, along with its cost and the tuition at Columbia is something that some people just aren't willing/don't prefer to do. Also, some people weren't attracted to the very didactic Columbia curriculum. Waitlisted isn't rejected!!!! I know someone who was offered a spot at NYC a week before the starting class date. Don't give up just yet!

Don't lose hope! Not everyone who gets accepted will actually enroll or place a deposit. Living in NYC, along with its cost and the tuition at Columbia is something that some people just aren't willing/don't prefer to do. Also, some people weren't attracted to the very didactic Columbia curriculum. Waitlisted isn't rejected!!!! I know someone who was offered a spot at NYC a week before the starting class date. Don't give up just yet!

At Columbia or NYU?

At Columbia or NYU?

Look at the NYU acceptance thread from last year, there are people that got accepted like the day before classes or something. Alot of people get accepted at NYU off of the waitlist.

At Columbia or NYU?

sorry, NYU.

ps- does anyone have columbia's stats in the adea guide concerning the number of columbia applicants, # interviewed, and # accepted?