Just came home from the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RPhToBe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh man...the test wasn't hard. It was just laborious. By the time you get to the Chem section, your energy has really been taxed at that point. Definetely lack of time on math.

For those that will take it, get the Barron's book and practice. Also, I sat in again on my Chem I class. It was a great review as most of the chem is from semester 1 of gen chem.-

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, Barron's was definately pretty close to the real thing. Especially the chem, verbal and bio. It seemed like chem was actually easier than in Barron's since there were very few time waster problems and the orgo was a joke. Bio had slightly more challenging problems, but not bad. Math was definately more involved, but Barrons was a close approximation. Reading comp is the only place where they fall a little short. The test is actually testing comprehension while Barron's was just playing word hunt.

Yea, the chem and bio sections were fairly similar, but the reading and math sections were a lot harder. Especially the practice math sections were a joke, but I found the reading to require more analysis rather than fact finding like the practice guides. I was able to pretty much finish the math and reading w/o having to last minute guess...how bout you guys?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank GOD it's over!:clap: I was really surprised at the number of people who showed up to take it. It was packed with about 110 people! The Psycological Corp is making a killing!

The exam seemed alot easier than I had expected. Although, the reading comprehension section threw me for a loop. It involved alot more 'reading' than skimming. About 5 people were thrown out and their exams taken because they were going back to previous sections to try to finish up. The math and the verbal weren't too bad. Barron's really is a good study guide. I would definitely NOT recommend anyone to buy those useless audiolearn tapes!!

I hope we all scored high!!:)

Yeah, I was surprised by how easy the Chem part was. And the Bio section was easy too (but that might be because I am a Bio major). But I definitely ran out of time during the Math section. The reading section sucked too, but I did manage to finish it.

What I was MOST surprised about was not the easiness of the test, but the amount of people outside with an open barron's study guide cramming at the last minute :oops:
But hey, Im still in orgo I and bio I so what do I know :D