Just curious-Proportion of people at your school that use Goljan audio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtwop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the majority of my class uses the audio and/or RR, but everybody acts like it doesn't exist (never heard anybody talk about it). People also like to come off like they never study for boards either, so I'm not sure what to think. What's it like at your schools?

Members don't see this ad.

like 90%, and those that don't are more than likely using doctors in training

I actually found that there isn't much diff for me between reading the transcripts and listening to audio... so I just usually read the transcripts b/c i'm a fast reader

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure there are some in my class who haven't listened to them, but I couldn't tell you who they are. The Goljan audio was everywhere. It wasn't uncommon to hear people in our PBL group meetings start out a discussion about path with "Goljan says..." and everybody knew what they were talking about.

Similarly, a lot of people seemed to like the kaplan videos that are floating around, but I didn't think they were anything special. If I'd wanted to sit through lectures I wouldn't have gone to a PBL school.

My classmates bow down to the awesomeness of Professor Goljan.

In fact, they always cite him during student presentations, much to the chagrin of our professors.

They also carry aroudn Rapid Review Pathology like their study Bible.

My classmates bow down to the awesomeness of Professor Goljan.

In fact, they always cite him during student presentations, much to the chagrin of our professors.

They also carry aroudn Rapid Review Pathology like their study Bible.

Lol, I think a lot of professors get upset when students cite review book writers as their sources for some reason. I think someone cited Costanzo once and the prof got annoyed because her "understanding was superficial compared to an expert" or something. Well yeah obviously it's a review book so it's definitely going to be superficial compared to someone who's dedicated their life to it but that doesn't make it any less useful. I've heard a lot less hate for Goljan though.