Just For Kim....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future GI Guy

Hoo Hoo....
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Dr. Cox,

While I know you're not in the program, I was wondering if you could comment (either here or in private) about the Internal Medicine Program at PSU--Hershey.

I think you might have a lot of insight based on your experience with them.

I'm thinking about applying there because they seem to have an intern night float, combined with a small town academic program...it's exactly what I want.

Do you know--do the interns on call actually get to go home once the night float arrives? (my wife is interested in this)

Also, what's your impression of the program. Well run? Not well run?

How are the residents? Well trained? Is it a competitive program? Why didn't it fill last year?

Okay, thanks for answering any of the questions above.

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Future GI Guy:
•Hey Dr. Cox,

While I know you're not in the program, I was wondering if you could comment (either here or in private) about the Internal Medicine Program at PSU--Hershey.

I think you might have a lot of insight based on your experience with them.

I'm thinking about applying there because they seem to have an intern night float, combined with a small town academic program...it's exactly what I want.

Do you know--do the interns on call actually get to go home once the night float arrives? (my wife is interested in this)

Also, what's your impression of the program. Well run? Not well run?

How are the residents? Well trained? Is it a competitive program? Why didn't it fill last year?

Okay, thanks for answering any of the questions above.•••••Hi...

Unfortunately, we have relatively little interaction with the medicine residents, so I cannot really answer any of your questions.

I imagine one of the reasons it didn't fill was due to the location - more people want an urban location than suburban (or rural as it seems popular to categorize this place).

I do have a couple of friends doing Prelim medicine here and another who is a PGY2 in IM. I'll check with them and see if they are able to offer some advice to you.