Just got an interview at Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vitriol

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off, this was weird as they sent it me in a forwarded e-mail. There was little to no information in the actual body of the e-mail besides the subject which said which date the interview was on. I recieved it on march 3, and they want me to interview on the 10th. Has anyone else recieved an interview this late from them? am i just interviewing for a wait list spot?

any help on the interview woudl be awesome, including any places to stay, i saw that they recommend the millenium hotel.

also, do they really ask ridiculous questions? i saw that some interview feedbacks said that they ask detailed bio quesitons.

thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Vitriol,
I had an interview at Meharry on 2/17, and one person asked what our chances were at the time of being accepted. The administrator said that there were only 20 spots taken in a class of about 80. I was accepted, and plan on going, but I would say there are still a few spots left since the only interview 12 people at a time.
The Millenium maxwell house is a good hotel, and a great rate, plus they have a shuttle that will take you to and from the interview.

As far as the questions they ask it seems that they vary from person to person. In my case I got one very very casual interview, and one that was more structured. Both people were very nice though. No questions were out of the ordinary from what Prep materials will tell you to know.

GOOD LUCK!

Vitriol said:
First off, this was weird as they sent it me in a forwarded e-mail. There was little to no information in the actual body of the e-mail besides the subject which said which date the interview was on. I recieved it on march 3, and they want me to interview on the 10th. Has anyone else recieved an interview this late from them? am i just interviewing for a wait list spot?

any help on the interview woudl be awesome, including any places to stay, i saw that they recommend the millenium hotel.

also, do they really ask ridiculous questions? i saw that some interview feedbacks said that they ask detailed bio quesitons.

thanks guys

I definitely don't think that you are interviewing for a waitlist spot. From what I heard they have to interview a lot of people to fill up the class.

The amount of people that you interview with varies, because when I interviewed it was only ~6 people.

The Millennium Maxwell House is very nice, I would recommend it. They are very nice and the shuttle will pretty much take you to anywhere you want to go in town.

I wasn't really asked any ridiculous questions.

Good luck!! :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
TrulyBlessed said:
I definitely don't think that you are interviewing for a waitlist spot. From what I heard they have to interview a lot of people to fill up the class.

The amount of people that you interview with varies, because when I interviewed it was only ~6 people.

The Millennium Maxwell House is very nice, I would recommend it. They are very nice and the shuttle will pretty much take you to anywhere you want to go in town.

I wasn't really asked any ridiculous questions.

Good luck!! :luck: :luck:

i heard that their mission statement is one thing that they might as about and that they are more family oriented. do you guys have any tips for the day at all? as far as what to bring , i heard that depending on what time you interview, there will be a bit of downtime.

truelyblessed, have you heard back from them at all? when did you interview?

thanks for all the good luck!

Vitriol said:
i heard that their mission statement is one thing that they might as about and that they are more family oriented. do you guys have any tips for the day at all? as far as what to bring , i heard that depending on what time you interview, there will be a bit of downtime.

truelyblessed, have you heard back from them at all? when did you interview?

thanks for all the good luck!

They didn't ask me about their mission statement. I do think it's important to know. I incorporated it into the conversation in my interviews. I did get the sense that they were family oriented. Both of my interviewers even asked me about family. You probably will have some downtime, I definitely did.

Unfortunately, I have not heard anything yet. I interviewed on 2/2. In another one of the Meharry forums it seems like a lot of people hear back in ~4-5 weeks. This just seems like the average to me. Sometimes it takes longer and sometimes it is shorter. So hopefully I will have some good news next week.

I interviewed there on 1/19 and was placed in the acceptance range. I think the majority of people who interview there are placed on this list. Thats kind of what has been going on for the last few years. Eventually, a lot of people get taken off. I hope to be one of them.

I didn't get any ridiculous questions when I interviewed in January... as a matter of fact, I don't think I got any questions pertaining to science. Most of the ones I was asked referred to family, goals, extracurriculars, etc. Not a whole lot of academic type things, if any. I agree with an earlier poster that they are very family oriented (which fits as they are a pretty small school). Expect to be asked about your own family, your goals, etc. Keep in mind that the interviews are closed file, so they don't have your information sitting in front of them.

I'd also recommend staying at the Millenium Maxwell House. The shuttle makes things so much more convenient.

Good luck!

Hey i got an interview invite too from them. WIll be coming up on March 9th. We will definetly see each other...have you ever been to nashville?

Vitriol said:

thanks guys

shailen said:
Hey i got an interview invite too from them. WIll be coming up on March 9th. We will definetly see each other...have you ever been to nashville?

hey, yea, i have been to nashville, my cousins actually live there, but i think im gonna get a hotel room and what not. where are you from? im coming in from chicago, flying in on thursday sometime. are you going to be leaving on friday? or on saturday

Coming from all the way from Canada. Do you know if it is warm there during this time of the year? Boy, its freezing up here.

Staying at Maxwell house, will arive there at 5 on Thursday, and then off I go back home on Friday.

If you cousins live there, why do you want to spend 80 bucks on a hotel room?

Vitriol said:
hey, yea, i have been to nashville, my cousins actually live there, but i think im gonna get a hotel room and what not. where are you from? im coming in from chicago, flying in on thursday sometime. are you going to be leaving on friday? or on saturday

why do i want to stay in a hotel? cause there will be less distractions, and the hotel is pretty cheap anyways. i think it will be okay in the way of temp, probably bring a over coat just in case. we have been having funky weather in chicago, so i would assume that nashville is a bit unpredictable also. i was going to say if you were leaving on saturday that we should have a post interview party haha.

Bring a snack, I was very hungry and the box lunch was not the best. I interviewed in January but have not heard anything yet. It seemed like a good school, the students and faculty were very nice.