JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW AT WAKE FORREST. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT. PLEASE HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PelicanMan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an interview for April 12th at Wake Forrest but I don't know anything about this school. Can anybody give me some advice who has already interviewed there. Thank you very much.

Maybe now I will be on 4 waitlists. YEAH

Members don't see this ad.

Well, it's Wake Forest first of all.

I work here and know a few med students. Most of them seem happy. Technology is very big here as all students have laptops (entering med students) and PDA's (get these as 3rd years I think). The curriculum just had an overhaul and the kinks are still getting worked out but most students seem happy with it. There is both problem-based and lecture-based learning, I don't know the exact percentage of how they break down. If you have specific questions about the area and Winston Salem just ask or pm me.

I know they are big into technology. How many interviews are there? Who interviews you? How long are the interviews? What is their curriculum like? I heard fail, pass, high pass.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, don't go. Give it to me. I just got off the phone with Pritzker and they said that it's school policy not to accept any applicants who also interview at Wake. Just some food for thought b4 you book that plane ticket! :wink:

nice try papa

yes, please help! mine's on the 10th and interviewfeedback.com is down.

open or closed file? # and length of interviews? laid back or lots of questions on ethics and poor grades? etc.

thanks for any help.

hi guys:)

i already interviewed at Wake, and i was also accepted. there are only about 6 people interviewing per day. there is an overall host who kind of leads you around and answers general questions.

the interviews themselves: there are 3 and are exactly 20 minutes (or is it 15?)--but they are very strict about it. they are a mix of administrators/PhDs/professors. definitely check out interviewfeedback.com for some more advice... i think the idea at this PARTICULAR interview is really to get them to like you. be honest and passionate:)

their technology is great! the hospital is also very nice! winston-salem is an affordable place to live. from what i could gather, people spent most of their time studying and working out.

hope all this helps!

I need more info.

Interviewfeedback is down.

PLEASE HELP THE PELICAN

just a question pelican man, but if you don't know anything about the school, why did you apply there in the first place? sounds like there was no research involved in where you wanted spend the next 4 years of your life.

Hey- I interviewed at Wake in Jan and was also accepted. I really liked the school- they obviously put a lot of resources into creating the most technological advanced and student friendly medical school experience. The interviews are 20 minutes each, and are pretty much open file. I think they had read my AMCAS essay and Wake essay and that was all. The interviewers were nice but I also thought they were strict. One asked me questions from a sheet and wrote down my answers, which made me nervous. He also asked me what was the most important quality a doctor has to have- there are so many!
Overall I really liked Wake- the students seemed happy and friendly, and I thought the guys were particularly hot for medical students- :) Wake is awesome- definitely go to your interview- my best friend didn't get an interview from there and she'd love one!!

I just got an invite for the 19th of April but I'm pretty reluctant to go that far if my chances are not good.

What are my chances as an out of state (CT) resident?

corleone, what a silly comment!! if people only applied to exactly where they wanna go their chances of getting in would be greatly reduced. screw researching the school...just apply everywhere and figure out if you wanna go AFTER you've been accepted.

i've seen comments like that before (probably from you also). very "silly".

I have a pdf (adobe) file about Wake forest from Interviewfeedback.com. It stops at feb 5th 2002 but should still be of some value. It's only 91kb.

If you're interested PM me w/email address and I'll send you a copy

brickmanli:
i am also out of state, and i had to decide whether my chances were good before going to the interview... i dont remember what the actual stats were, but i think it works out so that by the time you get to the interview stage, you have just as much (if not more) of a chance of getting in as an in-stater. (sorry to the run-on sentence:))i don't think they look at state status in the final say...

however, in the end they do give a slight preference to instate folks.

good luck!