just got my MCAT score, I need to know whether or not I should apply!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s48jet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
just got my mcat score, pretty bad . but do i still stand a chance at DO schools this cycle with these stats? or should i take a year off and reapply?

GPA: 3.54, science:about 3.42
MCAT: 26M, V7,B11,P8
good ECs, only MD shadowing though great LORs, one from MD

im planning to apply to:

A.T. Still University, School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona, AZ
Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University, AZ
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University, Admissions Office, IL
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of NYIT, NY
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, WA
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, PA
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Lebanon, OR
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona, CA

Members don't see this ad.

i just applied with a 25 with a lower gpa than u :(
lets see how it goes for me.
i'd say just apply.

i just applied with a 25 with a lower gpa than u :(
lets see how it goes for me.
i'd say just apply.

thanks for the support, good luck! But i really dont want to be a reapplicant if I dont get in. Basically I only want to apply once. The process is so tedious! Plus I cant stand the MCAT lol i realize that a 26 is not the end of the world, but is the 7 in verbal going to kill me?

Members don't see this ad :)
Average stats for 2010 entering DO students were 3.47/26.49. I doubt the VS will hold you back.

thanks! lets hope it doesnt. Im leaning towards applying. Just want to make sure its not a dumb idea to apply with that verbal score.

Don't know if its a good idea to apply, since my mcat is below their 10th percentile.
true that, but according to the mcat/gpa table we have about a 15 percent acceptance rate, ill take it. im applying just for the hell of it.