just got TA position for this fall!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kilroth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I suppose this would be great to bring up in the interview. Too little too late for any applications. For those of you doing this also, are you going to ask for Thurs and Fri off for interviews? Wondering how I will get away with this.

Members don't see this ad.

chemistry

That sucks. If they ask me how I have demonstrated leadership, blah blah, I can bring it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey congrats kilroth!! i go here too...when did you find out? i did chem last semester and was really hoping for it this semester too. i did physics too but they don't have room for undergrads this semester. anyway...maybe i will keep dreaming and i'll get a position somewhere

Congrats! I'm hoping to get a TA position next year.

I would love to be a TA, it sounds fun. But how do you go about being one if you're an undergrad? Because my school, UC Davis, seems like all TA's are grad students.

Originally posted by Suey
I would love to be a TA, it sounds fun. But how do you go about being one if you're an undergrad? Because my school, UC Davis, seems like all TA's are grad students.

Just talk to the prof in charge of the class you want to TA. That is all I had to do (for anatomy/physiology lab). Profs like people who actually find their class interesting enough to want to TA. It at least works that way at my school.