Just one interview so far...what's everyone else's take/experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChannelingLarryDavid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a love/hate relationship with this website. On one hand, it's very helpful to hear feedback from others going through the same application process. On the other, it does so much to stress me out. I have a LizzyM of 74 but only have one interview from my state school. I submitted most of my apps mid July to early August, and based on the conversation threads here, it seems like most schools have already reviewed the apps submitted during that interval. Is it cause for concern that I haven't heard anything?

It's just frustrating because I applied once three years ago. I was a lot less qualified then and I did everything I could in the subsequent three years to improve my candidacy but I have nothing to show for it (yet).

Stress rant over.

Peace

Members don't see this ad.

Dig up LizzyM's recent posts of this very subject.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/question-regarding-interview-timing.1099289/#post-15708730

I reiterate my thought that my learned colleague illustrates yet again why patience is a virtue in this process, and the need for instant gratification is not.

Hi guys,

I have a love/hate relationship with this website. On one hand, it's very helpful to hear feedback from others going through the same application process. On the other, it does so much to stress me out. I have a LizzyM of 74 but only have one interview from my state school. I submitted most of my apps mid July to early August, and based on the conversation threads here, it seems like most schools have already reviewed the apps submitted during that interval. Is it cause for concern that I haven't heard anything?

It's just frustrating because I applied once three years ago. I was a lot less qualified then and I did everything I could in the subsequent three years to improve my candidacy but I have nothing to show for it (yet).

Stress rant over.

Peace

Members don't see this ad :)
Im in the same boat with just 1 interview (its not even at my state school!). I also applied a couple years ago, didnt get in, and did a Masters/SMP. My advice would be to read a book.

The bulk of my invites came in October / November. Re-assess at thanksgiving, not now.

Reactions: 2 users
Be grateful for what you have, you could have had 0 interviews. Look at all the other people on this site that haven't gotten a single response back yet.

Reactions: 2 users
All it takes is one interview to get one acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel your pain OP. The whole admission process is very stressful. My whole take is that, as long as you're not rejected, you're still in the game. Be patient, stay optimistic and let the process play out. At this point of the game, you just have to be confident that you submitted a great application. And like someone said earlier, all it takes is one acceptance. So stay patient. It's only October for christsakes! I know some people who got their acceptance on May/June of this year, even after submitting early. So, let the whole thing play out. Good luck!