Just passed NBDE part 1 and need some advice seriously, please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

idealand13

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a dentist in China and currently working in a college lab in TX. I'm trying to pass all the exams and apply for the schools with a deadline at the end of 2016 or later.
I spent 3 months on TOEFL and get 101(however the speaking part is only 22 and this restrict me to apply to a few schools ), 2 months for NBDE part 1 and I just got the results yesterday. I am so happy that I pass part 1 and now I'm preparing for part2.
I graduated in 2013 with an average GPA of 3.2 of elementary collage and dental school curriculum, 2 years working experience in China as a pediatric dentist. Then I've been here for about 8 months as a visiting scholar in a dental school. I have a paper on international Journal.
My problem is right now there is only 7 months left for me in the US, TIME is LIMITED! And here are my questions:
1. What about the chance that I can apply for an international dentist program?
2. I plan to take NBDE part 2 exam in 2 months so that I can still catch up the school with a deadline in September or October. Is this too crazy?
3. On the other hand, if I can't get a LOR from my dean, can I apply with other letters form my professor or working stuff? It's almost impossible to get a LOR from the dean or his secretary in China especially I am not in China right now.
Thank you for reading this long thread and I am sorry for my English.
Really need some advice, help appreciated!

By the way I'm willing to help with part 1 if you have any questions~
 
Honest advise. Sept/Oct is too late to apply unless you have very good credentials to back up your application. Most school require a lor from Dean that limits you to may be one or 2.

Only options you will have is Boston with most seats but I think they need a letter from Dean. I had the same issue as I am from India. My dad had to visit school for 6-7 times to get a LOR. If you have a paper one on you then there are fee schools that let you upload.

Hope this helps. Don't give up. Keep trying. Apply earlier is better.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using SDN mobile
 
Honest advise. Sept/Oct is too late to apply unless you have very good credentials to back up your application. Most school require a lor from Dean that limits you to may be one or 2.

Only options you will have is Boston with most seats but I think they need a letter from Dean. I had the same issue as I am from India. My dad had to visit school for 6-7 times to get a LOR. If you have a paper one on you then there are fee schools that let you upload.

Hope this helps. Don't give up. Keep trying. Apply earlier is better.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using SDN mobile
Thank you for your valuable information! I will keep trying.
What do you mean by"If you have a paper one on you then there are fee schools that let you upload"?
I don't quite follow you.
Thanks a lot!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry i mean few schools let you upload your LOR online but most prefer it is filled online by the evaluator. Since you passed your part 1.just make start a application with caapid. This gives you an idea what each school want.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using SDN mobile
 
Sorry i mean few schools let you upload your LOR online but most prefer it is filled online by the evaluator. Since you passed your part 1.just make start a application with caapid. This gives you an idea what each school want.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using SDN mobile
Thank you very much!
 
Hey, can anybody tell me the books for nbde part 2? I am gonna start preparation for part 2 soon
Hey. Do decks like 3 times and you should be good. patient management refer mosbys. Tufts for pharmac. That is what I used and friends I know.
 
hii guys...is it possible to give both part 1 and part 2 in one month???or will i have to wait fr the part 1 results and only den will i b able to write part 2?????
please reply
 
hii guys...is it possible to give both part 1 and part 2 in one month???or will i have to wait fr the part 1 results and only den will i b able to write part 2?????
please reply
You need to wait for 3-4 weeks to get the result of part 1. Only if you pass it you can apply part 2. I think it impossible to crack that in one month.