Just received my DFV 3.5's but have a question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLOSS UR TEETH

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I just received my loupes in the mail. They are the buddy holly's 3.5X EF. However, when I sit at my desk and use it to read a piece of paper or something they seem to be a little blurry and a little cross-eyed. I have my posture the same way as when they measured me. Is this normal for first time use? Or do I need to send them back? Is there another simple test I can do right now (at home) to check if everything is correct? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Draw an x. Look to see if any lines aren't in focus, that could show if one of the lenses is off.

have a DFV 3.5X EF as well. When I first tried it on, I just couldn't get it focus on anything, so I brought it to their sales person. It turns out I have a case of Asian nose :thumbdown:, and the nose pads need adjustment. I would suggest playing around with the nose pads little bit, but be careful not to snap them off.

Thanks for the help everyone. You have to make sure the lens is as close to your eyes as possible. I have my prescription in it as well so I just had to play around with the strap to tighten it just right and the vision cleared up great. I am obviously a noob at this haha