FLOSS UR TEETH

7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2011
Status
Dental Student
Hi everyone,

So I just received my loupes in the mail. They are the buddy holly's 3.5X EF. However, when I sit at my desk and use it to read a piece of paper or something they seem to be a little blurry and a little cross-eyed. I have my posture the same way as when they measured me. Is this normal for first time use? Or do I need to send them back? Is there another simple test I can do right now (at home) to check if everything is correct? Thanks.

Duriel

10+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Draw an x. Look to see if any lines aren't in focus, that could show if one of the lenses is off.

oreoson

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2008
USA
Status
Dental Student
have a DFV 3.5X EF as well. When I first tried it on, I just couldn't get it focus on anything, so I brought it to their sales person. It turns out I have a case of Asian nose :thumbdown:, and the nose pads need adjustment. I would suggest playing around with the nose pads little bit, but be careful not to snap them off.

OP
F

FLOSS UR TEETH

7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2011
Status
Dental Student
Thanks for the help everyone. You have to make sure the lens is as close to your eyes as possible. I have my prescription in it as well so I just had to play around with the strap to tighten it just right and the vision cleared up great. I am obviously a noob at this haha