Just started- terrified (LECOM LDP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mkh5327

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a fresh LDP Medical student at LECOM, and i'm absolutely terrified.

I just need some advice. And to know I'll be okay. I want this so, so bad. And i'm so scared I'll lose it. I want to be a doctor. I've wanted to be a doctor for a long, long time. And I don't want to fail. It's my first time away from home, as well.

What are classes really like? Do you find it useful to read the text, or just follow the power point lectures? Do you find that you succeed in your classes if you just put the time in?

I'm a gym person- I love being at the gym an hour a day every week day. Is this feasible? I'm a person that needs sleep. Is THAT feasible? Or am I setting myself up for disaster?

I went to PSU altoona. They had a rigorous biology program and I did well enough in that- well enough to get into medical school, anyway. Did you feel your undergrad prepared you for LECOM?

Members don't see this ad.

Regardless of where you go to medschool, you should definitely have time to go to the gym, get 8+ hours of sleep, and have a decent life outside of school.

Reactions: 7 users

I just need some advice. And to know I'll be okay. I want this so, so bad. And i'm so scared I'll lose it. I want to be a doctor. I've wanted to be a doctor for a long, long time. And I don't want to fail. It's my first time away from home, as well.

What are classes really like? Do you find it useful to read the text, or just follow the power point lectures? Do you find that you succeed in your classes if you just put the time in?

I'm a gym person- I love being at the gym an hour a day every week day. Is this feasible? I'm a person that needs sleep. Is THAT feasible? Or am I setting myself up for disaster?

I went to PSU altoona. They had a rigorous biology program and I did well enough in that- well enough to get into medical school, anyway. Did you feel your undergrad prepared you for LECOM?
Odds are you won't be one of the people that struggles to survive. The real journey begins if you find out that you are one of those people

Members don't see this ad :)
Like the above posts have said you will be fine. I'm a 3rd year at LECOM and was in LDP so if you have any questions about the program you can message me but in general you will have the time to do what you want. It may not seem like it right now but as you get used to studying you will be able to make time for hobbies important to you

Read this:
Goro's Guide to Success in Medical School (2017 edition)

Reactions: 1 users
Do you find that you succeed in your classes if you just put the time in?

Yes.

I'm a gym person- I love being at the gym an hour a day every week day. Is this feasible? I'm a person that needs sleep. Is THAT feasible?

I go 6 days a week for generally 1.5 hours. You just make time for it.

Time management is the name of the game

Reactions: 1 user

The gym opens at 5 am. I went to the gym for an hour everyday at 5 when I was at the mothership for the first 2 years. Shower, change go to lecture. The gym is clean, spacious and relatively new so you will enjoy it. Rumor is they are limiting the number of hours LDP is spending in lecture this year. First 13 weeks, all pathways do the same thing. If you do cardio, print out some reading materials and bring along to the gym. Overstudy for the first few weeks see how you do then scale back. Have a rigid sleeping, exercising, studying schedule. Treat it like a 40 hours job. Don't overjoin clubs, the only thing helpful is the OMM club for practical tips and study materials.

Reactions: 3 users
I always made time for exercise (bike or gym) and traveled home every weekend for the first two years. Just set a schedule with priorities and be efficient when you are studying. Im not in the top of the class, but I never struggled to pass and maintained a happy long distance marriage. You'll be fine.

and stay the ***** away from Docksiders! haha I kid you are allowed to go 2 times a year

Like the above posts have said you will be fine. I'm a 3rd year at LECOM and was in LDP so if you have any questions about the program you can message me but in general you will have the time to do what you want. It may not seem like it right now but as you get used to studying you will be able to make time for hobbies important to you

I have questions may I message you?

Hi could you answer some questions I have about LDP

Just curious how have you been holding up? I currently go to Gannon and am thinking about applying to LECOM when the time comes. How dow you like it?

Just curious how have you been holding up? I currently go to Gannon and am thinking about applying to LECOM when the time comes. How dow you like it?
PM me