just took aamc 4r - omg i need to vent! :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yunan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
oh my god, i just got a 20 on aamc 4r and it's 2 weeks before the real thing. I dont know if it was that my room was too hot, or cuz i just broke up with my gf, or my table was too low that it's making my neck sore, i just cant seem to concentrate. even if i do, it takes me awhile to understand what the question is asking for and i reread over.

my breakdown was: 8 ps, 6vr, 6bs.

im in shock cuz usually i do best on bio.

sigh... life sucks, what do i do.... should i still take the aug one? i kinda need to :(

sorry SDN , i had to get this one out :(

Members don't see this ad.

yunan said:
oh my god, i just got a 20 on aamc 4r and it's 2 weeks before the real thing. I dont know if it was that my room was too hot, or cuz i just broke up with my gf, or my table was too low that it's making my neck sore, i just cant seem to concentrate. even if i do, it takes me awhile to understand what the question is asking for and i reread over.

my breakdown was: 8 ps, 6vr, 6vr.

sigh... life sucks, what do i do.... should i still take the aug one? i kinda need to :(

you know whats strange? i did much better on aamc 6r (10ps6vr10bs) and 7(10ps6vr11bs) but on 4r(10ps5vr8bs) i got destroyed in biological sciences and verbal. i felt as if the independent questions were quite tough at the end. i guessed a lot more than i usually do. who knows, i just hope that 3r, 5r, and 8 go better or else i'm going to suicide. :eek:

everyone at TPR says AAMC 4 is the hardest and worst judge of your score....5 and 6 are better tests...if you do those maybe you will feel better

AAMC 7 has good VR...PS and BS are tough, but do-able

AAMC 8 i thought was best for PS and BS but VR was crap

yunan said:

my breakdown was: 8 ps, 6vr, 6bs.

don't get discouraged! i just took 4r today and got 8 ps, 6 vr :( , and 9 bs (the bio surprised me bc i thought it was harder too!). Take another one in a few days and keep practicing....we are all allowed to have bad practice test days...the only day that counts is the 20th. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
oh wow... so i guess 4R IS tougher. That actually made me feel a bit better :p

sigh, i just wish the break up with my gf wouldnt have this much affect on my concentration. I didnt think it would, but after a month it's starting to hit me hard for some reason. Maybe cuz i'm getting more stressed? I mean, i read things like 'what're you gonna do the day before the test', and when ppl say chill with the significant other, it just hits me. dang it, why now....

I was wondering that actually - my Bio section went down two points on 4R the other day. It seemed to test a LOT of outside knowledge - that I didn't know, unfortunately. AND the Ochem on there was tough, I was really confused.

I was wondering if this wasn't as representative because it was a revised version. It seems like the later tests are more passage based, less outside knowledge based? What do you think?

CoffeeCat said:
I was wondering that actually - my Bio section went down two points on 4R the other day. It seemed to test a LOT of outside knowledge - that I didn't know, unfortunately. AND the Ochem on there was tough, I was really confused.

I was wondering if this wasn't as representative because it was a revised version. It seems like the later tests are more passage based, less outside knowledge based? What do you think?

I agree...I think that it did test more outside knowledge. But it's great practice if you go back and learn from your mistakes...

haha wow, I was really stressed out about my score from this test too. Thank god for that, I look forward to 5 and 6 coming up this week!

Anyone have the solutions/answer key to AAMC 4R?

I'm on my lunch break write now before BS (not bothering with Writing Sample :p ). Itching to find out how I did in PS and VR.

General thoughts so far: PS was much easier than the Kaplan tests, but by no means was it a walk in the park. Finished with about 2 mins left. VR started off pretty well, I was on pace to finish, but then came across a Darwin passage and just collapsed. Ended up guessing about 10 questions.

i took 4r today and got 11, 8, 9. what is that!?!?! my PS score is within range, but on 6 and 7 i got a 10 both times in biology and well verbal just suked! :mad:

SensesFail said:
Anyone have the solutions/answer key to AAMC 4R?

I'm on my lunch break write now before BS (not bothering with Writing Sample :p ). Itching to find out how I did in PS and VR.

General thoughts so far: PS was much easier than the Kaplan tests, but by no means was it a walk in the park. Finished with about 2 mins left. VR started off pretty well, I was on pace to finish, but then came across a Darwin passage and just collapsed. Ended up guessing about 10 questions.

Yeah, doesn't anyone have the solution explainations for this one? I thought I had them, but I only had the answer key. I feel that I wasted my time now because I can't look over and review what I got wrong!!!

Any help?

Yeah I got a 10 10 9 , where as I got a 32 on 6r and 7r. Even though its harder I'm still disappointed....

Hey, I took 4R yesterday but I have no access to the score breakdown. Can someone help me out?

64/77 on PS, 38/60 on V, 60/77 on BS

I know I need to work on verbal more, I got bored halfway and started daydreaming. Thanks in advance.

aung said:
Hey, I took 4R yesterday but I have no access to the score breakdown. Can someone help me out?

64/77 on PS, 38/60 on V, 60/77 on BS

I know I need to work on verbal more, I got bored halfway and started daydreaming. Thanks in advance.

You got 11, 7, 10 respectively

yunan said:
You got 11, 7, 10 respectively

I just took the 4R but realized that the answers for the verbal questions has 65 questions. WTF??? Can anyone confirm or give me the correct answers for it?

hey.. I just corrected my 4R and am so glad to find this thread, because I have not had a chance to visit for over 2 weeks.. I ofcourse do not have the answers to VB so had sat down to ask people for help.. but it is good to hear about the difficulty of this test . I got 22 questions wrong on the bio section and i did fairly well on 6R.. Anyway .. I am taking 7 R tomorrow!
If any one has the answers( no solutions needed) to the VBsection of this test, I would appreciate it!
If any one needs the solutions to the BS and PS section of this test.. I would be glad to share( I do not have the electronic copy so would be able to give all the solutions becuase it would take some time to type it up)
Good luck folks... almost htere:)