Just took CPJE 2-16-09, need some feedback please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drgnflize

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I just took the CPJE on 2-16-09. My first thoughts on the test when I left was, that wasn't too bad. But as I began to remember questions I realized I was getting them wrong. Also, I seemed to get a lot of the easier questions wrong. I can think of around 15 questions so far I have gotten wrong, and that's just from the few questions I can remember. Has anybody had the same experience and still got a passing score? I'm really nervous about how I did. Does anybody have any in site about a rough guestimate on what percentage really equals a 75? I am going to pull my hair out until I get my score! Even though I an a pharmacist in NJ already. Any info would be great! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi drgnflize...I took cpje jan 30th and still waiting for the result. I felt the cpje was hard. Although there are some questions that were easy and common sense...at the end of the exam, I too started counting on the questions I remembered that I found I answered wrong... I even skipped 1 number without noticing it and it frustrates me more! I just hope we get a passing grade! Good Luck to us both!

Thanks for the reply pharmrox, let me know when you get your results. By the way the same thing happened to me with a missing question. How many questions could you remember you missed? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Drgnflize I skipped 1 question! Hehe... I received my result yesterday and I passed! I am so happy... So I guess 1 skipped number doesn't matter anymore. When I was looking at the mail box I saw right away an envelope with a green paper in it... I knew that I already passed without double checking the board logo on the envelop... Didn't even read the score report.. I just read the first letter of the first page with " congratulations!"...finally it's over!
Hopefully you'll get yours next wk and you will pass! Goodluck!

Congratulations pharmrox! I just my packet from PSI yesterday and I'm just waiting on when I feel ready to take the test! Any tips either of you?

I wouldn't risk getting in trouble with the board by posting or hinting questions on the cpje.

I'm just asking for generalities, chill. I don't expect (or want) any sample questions or things of that nature.

Here's a tip: don't cheat. I should send an email to the board about this website.

Wow...forget it. I never realized how unhelpful and downright rude some people can be. I'm just looking for a bit of guidance, like most people on this subforum. Anybody else have any study tips? Not necessarily about the CPJE. Sorry if I've offended you, IPLEDGE.

Sorry if I've offended you, IPLEDGE.

You didn't offend me. Some people think they can just cheat their way into becoming a pharmacist. Not smart enough to pass the board exam based on their own merits.

The CPJE is curved so you are only hurting yourself when you give "hints/tips" to people that you dont know. They may send it to their friends and so on.

Can eveyone please tell me what dates CPJE is offered?

Have you rec'd your letter that allows you to book a testing date yet?
It is offered at various 'testing sites' throughout CA, so you choose from the dates that they give you. I took it on a Saturday at 9:30AM.

I think most of the testing sites are closed on Sundays. Once you get the booklet from PSI Exams, you'll see the addresses of the testing sites. The closest one to me was ~45 minute away from home. (*quite* annoying*)

And for the PP who is concerned about the Board 'finding out' about this website: believe me, they already are fully aware of these discussions.

Also: for the PP who believes that helping a fellow examinee by talking about the nature of the exam is just hurting yourself because of the scoring on the exam... oh god, i'm just glad i didn't go to pharmacy school with you. What a great attitude. We're not talking about posting actual questions or cheating, we're just helping others get ready for this exam by talking about the format and a general overview.

To study for the exam: READ THE BOOKLET. get a feel for the questions on the CPJE. Also, get the Weissman book and KNOW the dates and know the time requirements on recordkeeping, licensure, etc. It is not 'just law' so be sure to understand the clinical aspects of the questions, as well (like in the examples in the booklet.)
Take the sample questions in the book (don't study from them, however.)
And of course, know your pharm calculations.
Good luck! I thought the exam made a LOT more sense than the wacky NAPLEX, but I fared better on the NAPLEX. surprise.

:luck:

Depending on the time you receive your PSI packet, a testing day may be available right away or it may be a few weeks. I received mine 2/19, and checked online, and there was a slot available 2/20. Unfortunately, I was not ready to take it at that time, but I am taking it Monday 3/16. Wish me luck! I've been looking over the APhA book and the Weissman book, just to brush up on some stuff. I'm licensed in PA already, so I don't know if just studying those 2 books will help every candidate. I will give you guys some pointers once I'm done the test.

I've been looking over the APhA book and the Weissman book, just to brush up on some stuff. I'm licensed in PA already, so I don't know if just studying those 2 books will help every candidate.

The APhA book is a waste for the CPJE and there are only like 5 law questions on the CPJE. :smuggrin:

So then it's a waste for anybody to make sure they get the 5 questions right? Make sure you study California law as getting these 5 questions right will really help your score, obviously. And every other thread mentions the APhA book, and I've found it to be a good overview of topics that may be covered.

I just took it this afternoon. I feel I have been spending the last few years to study something, call nature, substance, anything unrelated to pharmacy. I even start doubting if I choose the wrong career..soooo frustrated...Anyone knows why the questions are fair? And from what kind of concerns they want us to know that? I even feel a shame to sit there..