Need serious advice on NAPLEX and CPJE please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rollingmedicine

Nuclear or Clinical
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I recently graduated from pharmacy school and by any means, I was not a "good" student. I always did try my best during school (working and studying when I can) and my average grades were around B-~C+.

Now I am trying to study for NAPLEX exam (I am still working around 24~37 hours per week) and I am really trying hard to stick to the RxPrep 2 month schedule. It just seems difficult at times when I fall behind due to work (just feeling tired when I come home late) or topics longer for me to study. (This is the main issue)

At times, I would try to take practice tests on chapters that I studied weeks ago and I just can't seem to retain a lot of the information which causes me to become frustrated, anxious and downright get into a breakdown mode because I feel like I am not going to pass my exams.

I know people say "Naplex is easy" and I have read stories where people only study for weeks and pass it easily. I KNOW that I am not those type of students.
Work is also something that I cannot stop at the moment.

I really need advice because I feel like I am doing whatever I can to try to study and retain. I currently have RxPREP AND PassNaplexNow as my resources (I got that desperate) and I really do try to study everyday anywhere from 4~8.

I can't tell if it is the stress but I also started to develop few health issues (I ended up starting 4 new medications that I never thought I would be on) but I'm trying not to use that as my excuse.

Why am I having trouble retaining information? Am I really not meant to be a pharmacist? I am starting to feel like maybe I survived pharmacy school through some "luck".