Just took my DAT, what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasongiambi9p4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Background: I will try to keep this short, I am a Dental Assistant, have done countless hours of shadowing and volunteer work. I have also done research at my university.

GPA: My gpa is very low, my science is 3.3 and overall is 3.5

Knowing this I needed a good DAT score so I took my DAT last summer and is was so terrible that I am too embarrassed to put the score on here. I applied anyway and didn't get accepted.

I took my DAT today and got:

Pa: 18
QR: 15 (I just wanted to finish this as soon as possible so I can find out my DAT score)
RC: 20
Bio: 20
Gen: 19
Org: 17 (I have no idea what happened here)
TS: 18
AA: 18

Do I have any chance? I am going to submit my application the day it opens since I have all the things I need but even with that will I even be interviewed?

Any suggestions help! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

From what I know, the average acceptance rate is about AA:19. I don't know if this has changed, but if it has changed I think it would have increased not decreased.
I think you should call the schools that you are interested in to see where you stand at. If you are going to retake the DAT, you could submit your application and retake the DAT later.
What sources did you use and how long have you been studying for?

From what I know, the average acceptance rate is about AA:19. I don't know if this has changed, but if it has changed I think it would have increased not decreased.
I think you should call the schools that you are interested in to see where you stand at. If you are going to retake the DAT, you could submit your application and retake the DAT later.
What sources did you use and how long have you been studying for?

Great advice!