Just took NBDE I and am absolutely terrified

Started by outback95
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

outback95

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all! I just recently took the NBDE I about a week ago. I walked out feeling terrible and certain I failed. I've spent days just thinking about easy questions that I likely missed and counted about ten of them. I'm also terrified because I'm certain I'm at the bottom of my class, which I'm sure increases my chance of not passing the first time. I'm sure I have time until the scores come out, but I've just spent the past several days praying for a miracle. It's really discouraging, especially since I'm not a good test taker. Did anyone else feel this way? I feel like I struggle more than most, but I don't know how I'll have to bear with this 90-day wait period before I'm eligible to take it again. My school's numbers have also been poor in years past for the exam. I just feel hopeless and feel like my mood is swinging between praying for a miracle and making peace with the fact that I failed. It was just very difficult, and I feel not a lot of people feel that way. Am I alone in this?
 
While I was in the exam I counted how many questions I felt good about. I counted about a third which I was confident about, and literally the rest I had to guess. I felt terrible after the exam. So did my friend. We both passed. Dont stress until you get your result