Just wanted to brag

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JeyRo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got approved for 100% funded travel for APA this year! Nice hotel room, airfare, rental car, and maybe even an evening trip to Disneyworld as a present for myself. I have to present a couple of symposia and do a poster session (plus schmooze at a couple of section meetings) but it's well worth it.

I just wanted to crow. When I finally got the funding approval (after being told several times by my Service Chief and AO that I shouldn't expect a dime), well, it was SUCH A RUSH!!!! :laugh::smuggrin::p

This VA thing ain't such a bad gig sometimes.

Anyways, I'm done now.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!! And enjoy!!

It's nice to see people sharing accomplishments on here, too- btw. Thanks.

I just got approved for 100% funded travel for APA this year! Nice hotel room, airfare, rental car, and maybe even an evening trip to Disneyworld as a present for myself. I have to present a couple of symposia and do a poster session (plus schmooze at a couple of section meetings) but it's well worth it.

I just wanted to crow. When I finally got the funding approval (after being told several times by my Service Chief and AO that I shouldn't expect a dime), well, it was SUCH A RUSH!!!! :laugh::smuggrin::p

Anyways, I'm done now.

I must say I am jealous! If you are lucky, maybe you can get the same deal next year (isn't it in Hawaii?)! I am hoping for funded travel for that!

Members don't see this ad :)
I must say I am jealous! If you are lucky, maybe you can get the same deal next year (isn't it in Hawaii?)! I am hoping for funded travel for that!

Hawaii? Good god yes. I need to start planning now.

Anyways, I'm done now.

That us awesome, care to explain in more detail

Anyways, I'm done now.
that's awesome! congrats!

i dont LOVE my job right now....but i do love that they will often pay for me to go to conferences and trainings (flight, hotel, room service!) and i know i've cost them THOUSANDS of dollars! :)

To all you still deciding on a path...this is a huge downside to private practice. No one will pay for you to attend conferences but you (well, perhaps your spouse will help pay). I had to miss my fav conference this year because i couldn't afford it. Meanwhile my friend from grad school who is an asst prof had a great time at the conference (paid for by her startup money).

Best,
Dr. E

That us awesome, care to explain in more detail

What kind of detail are you looking for?

BTW forgot to mention per diem is included. :laugh: Yay restaurants!

During my master's program, I remember the dept being an absolute ghost town one year due to some random conference in Hawaii. Everyone seemed to make a point to have something to present at that one. :laugh:

During my master's program, I remember the dept being an absolute ghost town one year due to some random conference in Hawaii. Everyone seemed to make a point to have something to present at that one. :laugh:

I'm definitely planning my APA symposium for Hawaii next year. 2-4 hours of actual work (albeit with some more hours of preparation on the frontend, plus lobbying for travel funds) is not a bad price to pay for essentially an all-expenses paid vacation!