Kailo OTC Neuromodulation Patch?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdnuser001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this Kailo pain patch? It uses no battery but instead the conductors in the material somehow tamper with the body's electrical signals to reduce pain. It's placed somewhere "between pain and the brain" adjusted until the sweet spot is gone.

Exact MoA is unclear but it appears to have an effect on action potentials. Check the article on this link from Anesthesia and Pain Research but the clinical study was very promising for mild to severe pain conditions.

Is this OTC patch going to replace SCS/PNS for $90?? Even the Amazon reviews are great. Afaik it's been around only a couple years. Would this potentially change your practice at all?

Amazon product

Members don't see this ad.

Lidocaine patch also interferes with electrical signals and is about 95% cheaper.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

HOW TO USE: As a general rule, start by placing your Kailo patch near (but above) your pain. Then, slowly move your Kailo away from the pain and toward your brain, following the pathway of your nervous system. Simplified, place your Kailo between your brain and the pain.”

Lol wut

BTW, at 3.7 out of 5 stars, the Amazon reviews are *not* great. I wouldn’t buy a hairdryer off Amazon that was rated 3.7 stars.

HOW TO USE: As a general rule, start by placing your Kailo patch near (but above) your pain. Then, slowly move your Kailo away from the pain and toward your brain, following the pathway of your nervous system. Simplified, place your Kailo between your brain and the pain.”

Lol wut

BTW, at 3.7 out of 5 stars, the Amazon reviews are *not* great. I wouldn’t buy a hairdryer off Amazon that was rated 3.7 stars.
Haha I read a lot of the reviews and most of the negative ones were regarding the adhesive but it can apparently be secured with plain old medical tape.

While I promise I don't have any vested financial interest with the company I do have to say the results of the study seemed pretty promising for an OTC product:

Over 30 days, treatment group mean BPI Severity score decreased 61% (4.9 to 1.9/10;P< .001) and mean BPI Interference score
decreased 61% (3.8 to 1.5/10;P< .001) The control group showed an increase in both BPI Severity of 23% (3.0 to 3.7/10) and BPI Interference
Score of 58% (1.2 to 1.9/10). After crossing over to treatment, patients in the crossover group reported a decrease in BPI Severity score of
76% (3.7 to .9/10) and a decrease in BPI Interference score of 79% (1.9 to .4/10). No side effects of treatment were reported. After 30 days,
91% of patients reported “less” or “a lot less” usage of oral medications. 86% of patients were very/extremely satisfied with the patch and
preferred the pain-relieving patch to oral medications. Results also showed improvements in Quality of Life (QoL), mood, and relations with
other people, sleep, walking ability, and enjoyment of life.

Haha I read a lot of the reviews and most of the negative ones were regarding the adhesive but it can apparently be secured with plain old medical tape.

While I promise I don't have any vested financial interest with the company I do have to say the results of the study seemed pretty promising for an OTC product:

Over 30 days, treatment group mean BPI Severity score decreased 61% (4.9 to 1.9/10;P< .001) and mean BPI Interference score
decreased 61% (3.8 to 1.5/10;P< .001) The control group showed an increase in both BPI Severity of 23% (3.0 to 3.7/10) and BPI Interference
Score of 58% (1.2 to 1.9/10). After crossing over to treatment, patients in the crossover group reported a decrease in BPI Severity score of
76% (3.7 to .9/10) and a decrease in BPI Interference score of 79% (1.9 to .4/10). No side effects of treatment were reported. After 30 days,
91% of patients reported “less” or “a lot less” usage of oral medications. 86% of patients were very/extremely satisfied with the patch and
preferred the pain-relieving patch to oral medications. Results also showed improvements in Quality of Life (QoL), mood, and relations with
other people, sleep, walking ability, and enjoyment of life.
No control group. Would have been easy enough to make a placebo patch. Marketing heavily relies on testimonials.

Reminds me of this girl when I was in high school who wore a necklace with a silicon chip embedded in plastic when in computer lab. She said it altered her body’s electrical field to shield her from the harmful electromagnetic waves from the computers.

Reactions: 1 user
No control group. Would have been easy enough to make a placebo patch. Marketing heavily relies on testimonials.

Reminds me of this girl when I was in high school who wore a necklace with a silicon chip embedded in plastic when in computer lab. She said it altered her body’s electrical field to shield her from the harmful electromagnetic waves from the computers.
I’m pretty sure you could make a killing off of a necklace like that if you claimed it strips the covid vaccine from your dna

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users