Kansas State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A very big congratulations to everyone accepted and waitlisted! I found out I was accepted 2 years ago today so I love the second hand excitement all over again!

As for the waitlist quite a few of my classmates were called off the week of the deadline (April 15th) so there is hope! Wishing you all the best with other schools you’ve applied to as well!
 
A very big congratulations to everyone accepted and waitlisted! I found out I was accepted 2 years ago today so I love the second hand excitement all over again!

As for the waitlist quite a few of my classmates were called off the week of the deadline (April 15th) so there is hope! Wishing you all the best with other schools you’ve applied to as well!
If you wouldn't mind, how's the curriculum like? Exam schedule/stuff like that.
Also any dress codes?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you wouldn't mind, how's the curriculum like? Exam schedule/stuff like that.
Also any dress codes?

They rolled out a new curriculum with my class and i think it’s been great so far! There have been some minor changes after seeing us try it out but its basically moving up more clinically relevant classes into year 1 and 2. Its been really nice seeing adjustments being made based off our performance so we know our faculty have our backs. Otherwise the class list is on the website so you can get a good idea of what we learn and when!
When we first started we had about an exam a week but after first semester its not been uncommon to have double exam weeks but they aren’t all the time.
The dress code isn’t an official thing for us but its encouraged that you dress as if you’re meeting your future employer so something like business casual would be great! I will admit there are days where leggings are the only thing i can think about wearing and no one seems to mind but for the most part jeans and a nice shirt will be perfect!
 
On the acceptance checklist is says that the minimum computer recommendations are Windows 10, 512 GB, 16 GB RAM and 17 processor. Is anyone planning on using a Macbook for classes or do we really need to have a PC??
 
Has anyone made a GroupMe for the accepted students?
They will make a facebook group for the accepted students. You will be added once your deposit is made. Some faculty/staff are in the group along with student ambassadors to answer questions and provide guidance, along with posting housing opportunities. Students then typically make a GroupMe from everyone in the FB group.

On the acceptance checklist is says that the minimum computer recommendations are Windows 10, 512 GB, 16 GB RAM and 17 processor. Is anyone planning on using a Macbook for classes or do we really need to have a PC??
You can use a macbook but our lockdown browser (required for all exams) does not work on tablets or ipads, so you have to have a PC or macbook to take exams. You definitely want a lot of RAM and a solid processor. I have an i7 and even it sometimes struggles to open giant files for class.
 
Has anyone received their admissions packets via mail yet? It's been almost two weeks since they said they would send them. Wondering if I should email them or if its a bit premature yet?
 
Has anyone received their admissions packets via mail yet? It's been almost two weeks since they said they would send them. Wondering if I should email them or if its a bit premature yet?
I just got mine yesterday and I'm IS, so they're probably coming soon for OOS
 
Has anyone received their admissions packets via mail yet? It's been almost two weeks since they said they would send them. Wondering if I should email them or if its a bit premature yet?
I would be patient and reach out if you don't get it by the end of the month! It's a very busy time right now at the CVM as we just finished our AVMA COE accreditation visit last week.
 
Hey y'all I'm a current first year at K-State. I got in off of the waitlist last year-- so it DOES happen! Congratulations to all who received acceptance letters and alternate letters, both are huge accomplishments and something to feel proud of. Feel free to ask me any questions : )
 
Hey y'all I'm a current first year at K-State. I got in off of the waitlist last year-- so it DOES happen! Congratulations to all who received acceptance letters and alternate letters, both are huge accomplishments and something to feel proud of. Feel free to ask me any questions : )

If you don’t mind me asking, when did you get called off the waitlist? And/or when did your peers who were alternated too get called off?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you don’t mind me asking, when did you get called off the waitlist? And/or when did your peers who were alternated too get called off?
I got the call on April 12th! I would imagine that my classmates who got calls off the waitlist got them shortly after that or closer to after April 15th. When you get called, you get 24 hours to put down a deposit before they move to the next person.
 
Could any current students give apartment recommendations? Thank you!!!

I don’t have any personal experience with the apartments in Manhattan but I know a few classmates that live at the pointe, gramercy, cambridge place, and jardine! They’re all pretty close to the school but there are a ton of other options and a lot will do virtual tours if you’re curious!
 
Could any current students give apartment recommendations? Thank you!!!
You can get on Zillow and find a lot of apartments available right now. Jardine is right across the street from the school so you can easily walk to class - they do not allow animals though unless they're ESA. I've been with Cobalt Management for 3 years now and have had a good experience with them. I'm moving in with a friend in a house this summer though.

When you get put into the facebook group, there will be students posting looking for roommates or have places available to look at as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know everyone is excited to get a call, but please be patient with the admissions office! One of our amazing employees recently left for her dream job so the office is a bit short-staffed right now.
 
I know everyone is excited to get a call, but please be patient with the admissions office! One of our amazing employees recently left for her dream job so the office is a bit short-staffed right now.
Thanks for updating! No worries! I’m just trying to keep my phone on me as much as possible while at work incase I get lucky with a call 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad