Kansas State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bruh sending out the whole email specifically mentioning when they're sending interview invites, just to be like nah 😒 My nerves can't take it lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS rejection. Feeling bummed as this my 2nd rejection this cycle & I am a third time overall applicant (first time KSU). Congratulations to those offered interviews.
Don't give up!!! This is technically my 4th application cycle and this is the first year I wasn't outright rejected from KSU!! It's been a long road but it only takes one! I just got a rejection from another school this week and also another one a few weeks ago!
 
Hi, first time OOS applicant! I just got an email rejection, but I am confused on the wording. The email says my application wasn’t qualified for an interview. Is this just the way they phrase their rejection letters? Or is there possibly a mistake? (I saw on last year’s forum they did something similar to another person, and when they contacted admissions they fixed it and the person got an interview). The email goes on to talk about gpa/sgpa, which mine is 3.45/3.2 respectively. I know their average sgpa is 3.3-3.5 so it is a bit low, but I am above the minimum 2.8 requirement so I am just a bit confused.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, first time OOS applicant! I just got an email rejection, but I am confused on the wording. The email says my application wasn’t qualified for an interview. Is this just the way they phrase their rejection letters? Or is there possibly a mistake? (I saw on last year’s forum they did something similar to another person, and when they contacted admissions they fixed it and the person got an interview). The email goes on to talk about gpa/sgpa, which mine is 3.45/3.2 respectively. I know their average sgpa is 3.3-3.5 so it is a bit low, but I am above the minimum 2.8 requirement so I am just a bit confused.
My interview says I qualified for an "alternate interview position" so I think anything other than that or qualified for an interview seems to be their wording for a rejection? I am really unsure but my email also listed the GPA stuff but I fall above their range and did not receive an interview either!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS interview alternate/waitlist
I’m taking the win. This is my 4th app cycle and I’m so hopeful! Does anyone know how many they waitlist? My vet mentor said she knew someone from Michigan who was accepted to Tennessee, moved down there and started classes for a few days. Then Michigan called her and offered her a seat after Tennessee had already started… so it’s not over til it’s over!!! Good luck to everyone!
 
Same! Curious about this too!
Saw previous years a few people got called off but it was always extremely last minute to the interview itself. They don’t rank it like a waitlist and more people are on it than were rejected or asked to interview so the odds are low but not impossible
 
Congrats! Were you pulled off the alternate list?
I actually received the invitation back in November, but I only recently discovered The Student Doctor Network, so I thought I'd share where I currently stand in the process. This is the third cycle that I've applied for, and I have received an interview invitation from KSU, as well as five rejections following that interview invite 🙁

My advice to others would be to always assume you've been rejected until you receive an acceptance letter. It's important to keep working hard and never give up, as it only takes one positive response to get you where you want to be. Remember nothing worthwhile is ever easy.
 
Quick question regarding the in-person interviews... I was checking my email and it talked about how we can join Ambassador Tours of the campus. Do we have to sign up before at all? Or how does this work?
 
Quick question regarding the in-person interviews... I was checking my email and it talked about how we can join Ambassador Tours of the campus. Do we have to sign up before at all? Or how does this work?

No need to sign up! There will be ambassadors doing tours every hour so you are welcome to come early for your interview and see the school or stay after!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad