Kaplan Biology-Animal Behavior

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

waterloggedfrog

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those that have taken the pcat, do we really need to know about animal behavior? I've heard that the kaplan biology section is excessive and this seems like one of those cases. I've read the chapter and gotten a good general overview of it I think but wanted to make sure it was really necessary before I devoted enough time to memorize it all.
 
I don't remember animal behavior questions but I only took it once and my memory is not so clear. But I do think that you would be better off focusing on other parts of biology. Even if it comes up, it will only be one question at most.
 
To those that have taken the pcat, do we really need to know about animal behavior? I've heard that the kaplan biology section is excessive and this seems like one of those cases. I've read the chapter and gotten a good general overview of it I think but wanted to make sure it was really necessary before I devoted enough time to memorize it all.
I skipped this section as well. Seems utterly useless.
 
It might account for at max 2 questions on your entire biology section, so I'd go over everything else if you think you got the general gist of things for this particular topic.
 
I do remember seeing it in atleat one questions for the June test. I wouldnt focus too much on it, but the question was tricky because they had two words for the answer choices that were a letter off in the spelling, so just be familiar with how they are spelled too.