Kaplan blue book - bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcwha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anybody please tell me what biology topics aren't covered in the kaplan blue book? I'm going to use campbell b/c It's a little to late for me to order and study out of scuam's or cliff.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last time I took the DAT (going to again in about a month) I got a 20 in bio and noticed that all the topics were basically covered by the blue book or their tests but it was lacking in many key details. A good way to go about studying that would be to read the blue book section for an overview and then read Campbell's for more in depth aspects. You do have time to order topscore and achiever though, and when you get a problem wrong on there go back and study the concept along with the specific details. If you do that you should be fine.

There r so many bio topics that r not covered in Kaplan blue book. I recommand you to get any AP bio or cliff. U don't need Schaum.

Schaum's is a bit excessive. I bought it and read through it a couple of times before I took the DAT and I have pretty much regretted it. I won't say it was a waste of time. To be honest, it helped a lot but it was a bit much because it was so dense and I could have gotten the same material from a better more condensed book such as Cliff's.

Schaum's is a bit excessive. I bought it and read through it a couple of times before I took the DAT and I have pretty much regretted it. I won't say it was a waste of time. To be honest, it helped a lot but it was a bit much because it was so dense and I could have gotten the same material from a better more condensed book such as Cliff's.

It will take more than 10 yrs for me to finish reading Schaum...LOL...I can't believe I bought it... :p I hate whoever recommanded me that book :D