Kaplan Blue Book could have been a little better

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorSaab

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
That's right. I have the Kaplan Blue Book and im studying it for the DAT. As I read each chapter from each section, i think Kaplan could have done one thing to help us. They should have added practice questions after every chapter that would test the material covered. Those questions should also have been possible DAT questions. That would have helped alot.

I noticed that in my 1997 Edition of Kaplan MCAT books, they added a section of specific questions after every chapter. I also notice that the chapters in the blue book and the content are almost exactly alike as the MCAT ones.

Anyway, so if any of you guys are studying for the DAT using the blue book, and want these practice questions - get a hold of these MCAT books. I'm not sure if they still publish them in the new MCAT books. I have a 1998 Red MCAT book from Kaplan and they dont have them in there. However, my 1997 edition does have them. These books are separated according to each section. I dont know how they do it now.

Members don't see this ad.

I registered for the class, and they send you a review book that is equivalent to the blue book, and it does indeed have questions after each chapter...i guess thats what you get when you pay $1000 instead of the $65 for the blue book...

I see, so thats why they did that. Oh well, I think I already have the same questions in the MCAT books. I dont know why they are so similar even though the two tests are geared at asking questions in different ways.

The science sections are the same. Kaplan just has good ways ripping out money from all sorts of students.

Members don't see this ad :)
HBomb said:
I think the biggest omission in the Blue Book is an index.

I think it would be better if it had more practice problems at the end of each chapter. The info covered in there is pretty good, but you don't get enough opportunities to practice the material!

I guess that's what Top Score is for...