kaplan cars book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think the Kaplan CARS book is helpful for the CARS section? I know that because it is not AAMC, their style of writing CARS questions and their logic of deciding the best answer might be a bit different. I've already gone through the AAMC question packs, and I don't think going through them again would help since I would just remember some of the answers. How good do you think Kaplan is at imitating the AAMC in their logic? Is it worth the time going through the entire book or are there better sources?

Thanks alot!

Members don't see this ad.

nope, consensus is that most prep companies including Kaplan CARS is not helpful. EK CARS is better, but your best bet is just practicing problems through KA or JW and then moving on the AAMC

Reactions: 1 users
I would briefly skim through the book, as there are some people who find that the method Kaplan suggests for CARS is helpful (outlining the passage, looking for key words, etc). However, if you don't agree with their methods or find that it's a waste of time, then just use the book as extra CARS practice, since there are quite a few passages in there.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 users