Kaplan class question..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBuro

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if the first couple of practice exams (diagnostic and full-length 1) are curved more harshly than the four before the real exam? For some reason I receive great scores on outside practice tests, but have not been doing so hot on the Kaplan simulated tests.

How much have all of you, or people that you know, gone up on the four exams preceding the real thing? From the diagnostic to the first full-length, I only went up 4 points (+1B,1P,2V), although I thought I had done soooo much better on the full-length.

Members don't see this ad.

DrBuro said:
Just curious if the first couple of practice exams (diagnostic and full-length 1) are curved more harshly than the four before the real exam? For some reason I receive great scores on outside practice tests, but have not been doing so hot on the Kaplan simulated tests.

How much have all of you, or people that you know, gone up on the four exams preceding the real thing? From the diagnostic to the first full-length, I only went up 4 points (+1B,1P,2V), although I thought I had done soooo much better on the full-length.

Most students see a drop in their first full length with Kaplan (from their diagnostic score). Kaplan folks say this is because this is your first time using what you've learned (kind of like after you learn to type for the first time, when you try not to look at your hands you go slowly at first). It's also because it's your first full-length exam.