KAPLAN class with ExamKrackers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluegiant523

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm studying this summer to take the MCAT in August, so I signed up for KAPLAN Advantage anywhere. I heard that the classes are useful and some of the FLs and the review materials are helpful from KAPLAN, but I also heard ExamKracker's verbal and bio reviews are stellar.

Since I have three months to study for the MCAT, should I cram in ExamKracker's verbal and bio review questions for the last 6 weeks in addition to all the materials from KAPLAN?

Has anyone used both the KAPLAN materials with online classes + ExamKrackers in three months? Was it effective? How did you divide up your time between the two materials?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes Examkrackers are much better than Kaplan, in fact most people would tell you not to take an expensive course. Either way, definitely also use EK.

Kaplan classes were a waste of time. When I took it I had 9 hours of just class time each week, and all they did was review very basic stuff. The one pro with kaplan is that they have all of the practice exams which help a lot!
Listen to NOTHING kaplan tells you about the verbal section! Use examkrackers for verbal!!!
Examkrackers is also better for the bio, much faster read than kaplan. The end of chapter practice exams are also great with EK for bio.
The only thing the kaplan books are good for is physics
Good luck! If you have to pick one to spend more time on, I recommend EK!