Kaplan Course Diagnostic Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hook17

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who here is currently taking the kaplan course or has taken it? I just started,on sunday and took the diagnostic and had my first class on tuesday. I scored a 24 on the diagnostic. I dont know how real that score is considering the fact I was was clueless on some aspects. How did everyone esle do? And for those that have completed the course how did ur diagnostic score compare to your final full length exam or even the actual MCAT.
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hook17 said:
So who here is currently taking the kaplan course or has taken it? I just started,on sunday and took the diagnostic and had my first class on tuesday. I scored a 24 on the diagnostic. I dont know how real that score is considering the fact I was was clueless on some aspects. How did everyone esle do? And for those that have completed the course how did ur diagnostic score compare to your final full length exam or even the actual MCAT.
:)

I really think this thread should be on the MCAT forum, not this one, but I'll answer it.

The first time I took Kaplan, I got a 24 on the diagnostic as well... I ended up getting a 37Q.

After my scores expired ( :mad: ), I retook Kaplan, got a 25, I believe. On the real thing, I got a 39R.

Point being, the diagnostic doesn't have any real bearing on how you'll do, it's purely to see where you are at that point. Focus your energy on learning the material and improving each test, especially in areas where you are weak, and try not to miss questions in areas where you are strong (work them to their full advantage).

thanks.. yes i thought about that but the MCAT board has so much less traffic.. Its an incredible jump, were you able to improve those 13 pts during school or the summer?

I went from low 30's to a 39. Your sciences will jump when you start working on them. If your VR wasn't good I would worry a little, but the Kaplan diagnostic is only half length so there is a lot of variability in there anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was surprised by my verbal score, it was a 10, and i'm an engineer. I had 7s on the rest. I know a Will that got a 39 at my school. Are you that Will?

I went up 11 points from the diagnostic to the real MCAT. Don't worry, the diagnostic is just an assessment of where you are and where your strengths/weaknesses are. Use the printout wisely.

I went up 11 points as well between the January diagnostic and the actual test in April. I think they make it so that it's almost impossible to do worse and get your money back.

I went up 13 points from my diagnostic to my actual score, and got pretty much the exact same score on the real thing as i got on my final practice test. The diagnostic is ridiculously hard compared to the actual exam, and the practice tests help a lot w/ timing and other test taking type skills. no worries! You'll do fabulously.

My actual MCAT score was 6 points higher than my diagnostic kaplan test, which I took completely cold when it was given for free at my university. I did not take the kaplan course, but did a 3 week crash course out of the big kaplan book. What really helped was taking the AAMC tests, that really helped me pinpoint areas of weakness.

Hook17 said:
I was surprised by my verbal score, it was a 10, and i'm an engineer. I had 7s on the rest. I know a Will that got a 39 at my school. Are you that Will?

That is a good start compared to the average score. It is hard to say how much someone will improve because obviously it depends a lot on how much you have prepared and how high you score to begin with. But if you started at that level without preparing yet, you should shoot for low 30's at least. I don't know what school you go to, but just guessing from your posted location and the improbability of there being many people named Will who recently scored a 39, I would guess I am at your school. Are you taking the Kaplan course or did you just take the diagnostic to see if you wanted the course? If you are taking the course PM me if you have any questions or want some advice. And if you want some extra materials I have on PDF I will send them to you but I won't mention them here. [email protected]