Kaplan course in one month?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Supermanwife

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, Has anyone completed the online Kaplan review course in a month? Like during winter break.. How did it go for you?? Did anyone see an increase from 490s to 500s, or 500s-510s, basically a 10 point increase? Is that a stretch? lol

P.S. I'd prefer opinions on how it worked for you and not "don't do it". Thanks for your opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

I did the intensive 6 week online bootcamp last summer. Not sure if that's the specific course you are asking about, but its probably similar if you are looking at a month timeframe. It's all I did- no school or work and I only took Sundays off. It was time consuming and there was a full length exam every Friday with review on Saturday. Then I did all of the AAMC materials during the 3 weeks after the course and before my exam in September. My first kaplan FL before the course was like sub 500, and my scores increased almost every week up to a 510. My first AAMC FL after the course was a 510, those also increased. I scored a 515 on the real thing. I think it's definitely worth it if discipline is your main issue- it forces you to keep up with the material and really develops testing strategies and a good mindset.

Reactions: 1 user
Incredible. I usually seee a 2-3 point improvement/week for those who study hard for 1-2 months assuming their content is strong. How did you like the content of the course? The girl I knew did the online one and only had the ability to Study once her semester ended
I think Kaplan materials are primarily good for their content. That's essentially how I used and reviewed the Kaplan FLs-- to reflect on any content I had missed or was struggling with. I also think the majority of people agree that the Kaplan FL's are notoriously more difficult than the AAMC exams, which is why I didn't let those mid-500 scores get me down. I like to think a lot of my success was due to my focus/dedication and in the way I reviewed all of my exams- it took me a whole 6-7 hours to review one exam. Also, I took the exam after graduation, so I had a pretty good basis in the upper level content. Had to completely re-learn gen chem and orgo because I took those subjects when I partied a little too much.

I knew that scoring in the 90+ percentile was my ticket to getting into an MD school (lower GPA.) I don't regret those MCAT months one bit.

I did the intensive 6 week online bootcamp last summer. Not sure if that's the specific course you are asking about, but its probably similar if you are looking at a month timeframe. It's all I did- no school or work and I only took Sundays off. It was time consuming and there was a full length exam every Friday with review on Saturday. Then I did all of the AAMC materials during the 3 weeks after the course and before my exam in September. My first kaplan FL before the course was like sub 500, and my scores increased almost every week up to a 510. My first AAMC FL after the course was a 510, those also increased. I scored a 515 on the real thing. I think it's definitely worth it if discipline is your main issue- it forces you to keep up with the material and really develops testing strategies and a good mindset.
Thanks for responding. That is awesome. Glad to know it could work. I won't be working or in school either so hopefully it works out. The class doesn't start until the end of December so I'll start on AAMC study packs first because the MCAT is a couple days after the course ends.

Question: Did you complete the extensive course that was 5 weeks for 11 hours per day(~$7000) or the live online like 6 weeks for (~$2500) ?

Last edited:
Thanks for responding. That is awesome. Glad to know it could work. I won't be working or in school either so hopefully it works out. The class doesn't start until the end of December so I'll start on AAMC study packs first because the MCAT is a couple days after the course ends.

Question: Did you complete the extensive course that was 5 weeks for 11 hours per day(~$7000) or the live online like 6 weeks for (~$2500) ?
it was the 5 week intensive online course for ~$7000! the whole summer was a blur haha