Kaplan course materials without the course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaki

needs help
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering how useful it is to buy Kaplan course materials, like their cards, tests, and such without the books. a lot of folks seem to be selling the materials from their 1500 course, saying you dont really need the classes anyway. how useful are the materials alone?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

gaki said:
Hello,
I was wondering how useful it is to buy Kaplan course materials, like their cards, tests, and such without the books. a lot of folks seem to be selling the materials from their 1500 course, saying you dont really need the classes anyway. how useful are the materials alone?

Thanks!

I heard that the number one reason that the Kaplan course was useful was because they forced you to study and to take practice tests. I don't think they offer any sort of help that isn't available elsewhere, so it depends on what material you already have. It is a rather cohesive package. Evidently, buying and selling of the course material breaks some rules, just so you know. Buying a $1500 course breaks a few of mine. :p