Kaplan DAT Flash Cards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryche22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For people that have used them...

How are they set up? What do they cover? Do they just list formulas in g.chem for example?

Any info you guys have would be really helpful, because im considering making a purchase for them soon.

thanks
rick

Members don't see this ad.

ryche22 said:
For people that have used them...

How are they set up? What do they cover? Do they just list formulas in g.chem for example?

Any info you guys have would be really helpful, because im considering making a purchase for them soon.

thanks
rick

Hi ryche22:
The DAT Biology Flashcards just ask questions like: Explain the lytic and lysogenic cycle? And then the back has the answers in a few sentences. Some questions are True/False, some are matching, some show a diagram and ask you to label the parts. For Organic Chemistry, they show a reaction and ask you what kind of reaction it is. I haven't really looked at Organic Chem flashcards too much. The packet only comes with Organic Chem, Biology, and General Chem, and Physics for people taking the OAT.

When are you taking the DAT? Let me know, because I may have a few extra cards that I can give you. Where are you planning on purchasing them from? I have never seen anywhere sell them separately because if you are a Kaplan student you will get them automatically.

Let me know...
and Good luck!

LSN said:
Hi ryche22:
The DAT Biology Flashcards just ask questions like: Explain the lytic and lysogenic cycle? And then the back has the answers in a few sentences. Some questions are True/False, some are matching, some show a diagram and ask you to label the parts. For Organic Chemistry, they show a reaction and ask you what kind of reaction it is. I haven't really looked at Organic Chem flashcards too much. The packet only comes with Organic Chem, Biology, and General Chem, and Physics for people taking the OAT.

When are you taking the DAT? Let me know, because I may have a few extra cards that I can give you. Where are you planning on purchasing them from? I have never seen anywhere sell them separately because if you are a Kaplan student you will get them automatically.

Let me know...
and Good luck!

They sound really helpful!

Here is the loose game plan...this semester im at a new school taking CalcI, OrgI, and PhysicsI. Next semester PhysicsII, BioII, OrgII. Then I was thinking of taking the Kaplan class for six weeks, then taking the DAT in summer.

I am not sure if I want to drop a grand on the class, maybe practice tests and flashcards would help me out enough.

Hey, if you have extra cards, I would really like to see some, just to get a feel for it...cause this could be a 1000 dollar purchase, to a relatively small purchase...need all the info i can get :)

If I was to just buy the cards, I would check on eBay, and the For Sale section of this forum.

Thanks alot man,

Rick

I definitely recommend using them. There are a lot, and it takes a while to sort through, however, the way I think about it is this... if you know that your score can go up couple points just for using it, would you use it?

I find the flash cards to be quite comprehensive too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will definatly get them w/ or w/o the course.

but, do you think they would be more effcient/effective with the kaplan course?

thanks

nah. the flash cards are pretty much stand-alone. It's basically the important topics out of the kaplan review notes. I found the BIO ones especially useful.

justletmein said:
nah. the flash cards are pretty much stand-alone. It's basically the important topics out of the kaplan review notes. I found the BIO ones especially useful.

can yall post an example of a bio card, chem card, and org card?
just curious

ryche22 said:
can yall post an example of a bio card, chem card, and org card?
just curious

bio - name the circulation of blood - they go through all the circulation. They have various topics, endocrine, evolution, genetics, behavior, etc.
chem - what is the physical properties of non-metals? lots of conceptual questions.
ochem - they give a reaction and you have to give the product'
they also have nomeclature and definitions.

Overall, they are very helpful. Get them if you can.

I have Flashcards from the MCAT prep course...do you guys think the Bio Section is helpful for the DAT?

gabrielmeraz said:
I have Flashcards from the MCAT prep course...do you guys think the Bio Section is helpful for the DAT?

They are identical - I have both sets.

Anbody interested in selling their flashcards? I don't plan on taking a kaplan course, but would love to get my hands on them somehow? Please IM or email me. [email protected]

Thanks!!
Jeremy

They are useful. Carry them with you and practice with them all the time. They are not in the same format as the real questions, but they teach you some basic science.