Kaplan Diagnostic - touch your toes buddy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GATORade

Retired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Holy $hit! Is it normal to feel like a complete ***** after taking a Kaplan Diagnostic? Please say yes... :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, i wouldn't put much stock into those diagnostics. They make em tough on purpose just so they can say we helped you improve your score X points. I don't even remember what I got on mine, I think it was 8's all across. Not surprisingly though, kaplan helped me "improve" by 8 pts on the real thing. Don't sweat it. If you know your **** come test time, you'll be fine.

Yeah, I pretty much bombed the diagnostic as well. I also don't remember my exact score, but I'm pretty sure it was in the mid-low twenties. Anyway, after taking Kaplan and basically doing all of their practice exams, etc., I improved by over 10 points! Don't worry now...they just try to scare you so that you'll work hard and then do well on the MCAT, and therefore think taking their course was worth the $1400!

Members don't see this ad :)
okok i teach for kap, so you don't have to pay attention to what i have to say :)
but the diagnostic is really no more difficult than other practice tests...and i see absolutely no point in trying to downplay the significance of this score. everyone certainly improves, else kap would be out of business :) but if you need to improve A LOT, you better start studying A LOT!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Assassin:
•okok i teach for kap, so you don't have to pay attention to what i have to say :)
but the diagnostic is really no more difficult than other practice tests...and i see absolutely no point in trying to downplay the significance of this score. everyone certainly improves, else kap would be out of business :) but if you need to improve A LOT, you better start studying A LOT!•••••So I got something like a 17 on my first diagnostic, felt like a ****** and (honestly) thought that I was totally screwed and that all my medical hopes and dreams were dashed. :(

Flash forward one year: I taught three PR classes after getting a 34T

Flash forward two years: Going to Penn in the fall. . . :D

So, you see GATORaid -- just bust out those books and study, study, study -- you'll do fine. The sooner you regain faith in yourself the better off you'll be!

Best of luck! :)

Don't mean to scare you, but I studied my ass off using Kaplan and got the exact score on the actual as on the diagnostic. I know I'm the exception to the Kaplan rule - and since I've been accepted to med school, it's all good - but use the info as you will.

Yes! Don't worry about that stupid thing. I got an 18 on it! I got a lot higher than that on the real thing! So don't worry... they just want to scare you. Just study! Worry more about what you get on the first full-length diagnostic :)

Good Luck :D