junkct

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2008
LA
Status
Hi, I don't really understand this answer... maybe I just don't understand Bernoulli's equation very well. If someone could explain it to me, that would be awesome! also, how come doing the experiment at a higher altitude wouldn't decrease the velocity (since it would increase pgh)?

blah, I tried to copy&paste it, but kaplan won't let me :(

TieuBachHo

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2008
Status
Bernoulli is an equation of continuity (usually in references of point 1 and 2). As stated in the passage, using the fluid at the top of the beaker as a reference. So, point 1 is the fluid at top and point 2 is the drilled hole. The rest is just in the explanation.

The high in pgh is the difference between those two points. Therefore, they are exactly the same regardless of which altitudes. Does this clear your air?

junkct

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2008
LA
Status
Bernoulli is an equation of continuity (usually in references of point 1 and 2). As stated in the passage, using the fluid at the top of the beaker as a reference. So, point 1 is the fluid at top and point 2 is the drilled hole. The rest is just in the explanation.

The high in pgh is the difference between those two points. Therefore, they are exactly the same regardless of which altitudes. Does this clear your air?

ooook, so 'h' refers to the height of the water relative to the container, NOT the surroundings, right? that makes sense, thanks!

About the Ads