1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Kaplan FL8 PS#33

Discussion in 'MCAT Study Question Q&A' started by junkct, Dec 31, 2008.

1. junkct

5+ Year Member

Hi, I don't really understand this answer... maybe I just don't understand Bernoulli's equation very well. If someone could explain it to me, that would be awesome! also, how come doing the experiment at a higher altitude wouldn't decrease the velocity (since it would increase pgh)?

blah, I tried to copy&paste it, but kaplan won't let me :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TieuBachHo

7+ Year Member

Bernoulli is an equation of continuity (usually in references of point 1 and 2). As stated in the passage, using the fluid at the top of the beaker as a reference. So, point 1 is the fluid at top and point 2 is the drilled hole. The rest is just in the explanation.

The high in pgh is the difference between those two points. Therefore, they are exactly the same regardless of which altitudes. Does this clear your air?

4. junkct

5+ Year Member

ooook, so 'h' refers to the height of the water relative to the container, NOT the surroundings, right? that makes sense, thanks!