Kaplan Flash Cards, useful?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bhavesh

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I find that they're not. When I start looking at them:

-the first 10 are too elementary to be useful (ie. what are the units for length?)
-there are many flashcards that contain information, I simply won't forget
-there are many flashcards that contain information that just won't be on the test
-there are way too many to review before a section
-by the time I find ones that are useful, I'm out of time

So for today and tomorrow (Thursday, Friday), I was planning on just going through all of them once, and stripping them down to a stack of ~20, that are useful (ie. orgo reactions).

Does anyone else use them? If so, how?

Members don't see this ad.

I went through all of my kaplan flashcards about a month ago, and I agree with you, not all the content is relevant, some stuff too easy. I was wasting time reciting stuff, that I already knew intuitively, so I didn't think it was good in hitting my weak areas, etc.

Maybe if u seperate the flashcards and have a stack that targets ur weak areas, I dunno.

As for me, on monday and tuesday of this week instead of going through Kaplan flashcards (which was the original plan), I went through all my old practice tests that I took and made a long list of notes of just odds and ends, and small things I need to remember. Good example: those damn "ductus venosis" and "ductus arteriosis" questions which I REPEATEDLY was getting wrong....

but yeah, kaplan flashcards...not worth doing in my opinion, especially this late before the test, I'm just targeting weak areas.

i dont know a thing about the flashcards but i have heard positive things from people who did kaplan...

what i did was take notes of topicals/diags i did when i went through the tests and just write down information i shoulda known...i have amassed a good portion of a spiral notebook so i was planning on going through that last night but it just stressed me out seeing how these lil things i forgot...

i have my own set of flashcards i've made...just planning on goin over the areas that i have to learn/memorize such as electronic geometry and little things here and there...

just keep it light and sign off the latest at noon tomorrow...

I separated out a handful, but I'm not studying anymore. Maybe if I need to check on something, I'll refer back to a specific card, but I'm not going to "flash" through each one of them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've gone through the Kaplan flash cards a few times already. I found them pretty helpful initially, at least with remembering equations and common concepts. Depends where you're starting from I guess. True, a lot of them ask stuff we probably won't need to memorize (i.e. B=[iu]/[2pie(r)] for a current carrying wire). Stuff like that would probably be given in a passage. Nevertheless, I found them useful. I'll probably go through them all tommorow one last time since I really don't want to be doing any more passages and it's pretty light review.

You're right. Some of the cards have info that is either too simple or will never be directly tested. I went through all of them once. Then, I seperated out the cards that had info that I was weakest on.